Form an orderly queue!

Downing Street are most annoyed that one of the most popular petitions on their web site at present is the Petition for Gordon Brown to resign.

petitions.number10.gov.uk/please-go/

32.523 sigs and increasing at a rapid rate…+ mine obviously

HI ho Hi ho it’s off to bully’s we go :exclamation: :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Spurry:
32.523 sigs and increasing at a rapid rate…+ mine obviously

and ME

Signatures: 33,218 as of 12:54

Me 2. EPH OPH Pa Broon.

thats mine on!!!

nearly 1800 have signed in 3 and half hours!!! :laughing: now 34,971

well , when in doubt vote so i have put my cross for yes as well

36452 now signed THE MUPPET HAS GOT TO GO :unamused:

just signed :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: hope he takes notice may be the last time he get,s a majority vote :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: 36,740 keep them comin :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: done mine! no. 36,868.

Next!!

I put my name down as Mr Anonymous but put my address as 11 downing street, london. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

markgilly:

I don’t think it works like that! It may seem like a big number but compared to the amount of voters in this country it’s not much.

Who would you have in his place, Cameron? The man is an arse, just listen to him being interviewed on the today programme.

Dont get me wrong, I’m certainly no Brown fan, but at the moment he’s the best of a bad bunch.

switchlogic:

markgilly:

I don’t think it works like that! It may seem like a big number but compared to the amount of voters in this country it’s not much.

Who would you have in his place, Cameron? The man is an arse, just listen to him being interviewed on the today programme.

Dont get me wrong, I’m certainly no Brown fan, but at the moment he’s the best of a bad bunch.

I don’t think it’s possible to find anyone as bad as Brooooon. I consider him “PERSONALY” responsible for the banking crisis. He’d been in number 11 for ten years before moving next door. He’s the one that is/was responsible for regulating the regulator. He’s the one that has allowed the UK financial services industry, a major player in the UK economy, to be run by a bunch of poker players and con men.

truckspark:
…may be the last time he get,s a majority vote…

I think thats the main problem - He was never voted in!!!

I think the british public should lobby the Queen. Am I correct in thinking that she is the only one with the power to sack a prime minister?

Anyone know how big the letter box is at Buckingham Palace? Do I have to Corgi-proof the envelope first? :laughing:

switchlogic:

markgilly:

Who would you have in his place, Cameron?

YES, I think it kind of works like that.

switchlogic:

Best of a bad bunch?

Obviously a Brown fan.

At the risk of getting political (me?) Cameron supports the Ghurkas, Brown doesn’t, Cameron would keep the pound, Brown would scrap it tomorrow, Cameron wants to ■■■■■ MPs expenses & Brown doesn’t (the man claims for his lightbulbs for [zb] sake!).

Gordon Brown is out of touch with the electorate. Keeping him in at the election would see this country slip further into the mire.

Dazza:

switchlogic:

markgilly:

Who would you have in his place, Cameron?

YES, I think it kind of works like that.

switchlogic:

Best of a bad bunch?

Obviously a Brown fan.

At the risk of getting political (me?) Cameron supports the Ghurkas, Brown doesn’t, Cameron would keep the pound, Brown would scrap it tomorrow, Cameron wants to ■■■■■ MPs expenses & Brown doesn’t (the man claims for his lightbulbs for f***s sake!).

Gordon Brown is out of touch with the electorate. Keeping him in at the election would see this country slip further into the mire.

No it doesn’t, a Prime Minister is not going to resign over an online petition with 36,452 names on it.

I say quite plainly I’m no Brown fan then you tell me I am. Listen to David Cameron, he has no original ideas, he sways all over the place and panders too much to public opinion. It’s too easy to be in opposition and say I support this or that since he won’t have to find the money.

We would be in a better place with the Euro. If it wasn’t for the Euro Ireland’s economy would be more of a disaster than it already is. Iceland is on a fast track to join it to save the country. One of the main arguments for keeping the pound was London being the world centre for financial services, the very people being attacked.

Again I’m NO Brown fan but the previous poster who holds him personally responsible is just misinformed. Yes he has a large part of the blame for this country’s predicament, no question, but this is a global crisis.

Say you were Chancellor for 10 years. The country is booming like never before, people are well off, we are one of the strongest and most powerful economies in the world. A large part of this is due to London being the World centre for financial services. What do you do? Say this is too good to be true a bring in a raft of regulation, causing an exodus and damaging our economy, or let the money roll in and enjoy the good times? Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

We are all to blame. MANY (not all) of us took the cheap credit that was offered. People buying houses with mortgages many times their income are to blame. People (like me) who got up to their eyeballs in debt are to blame. Gordon Brown is to blame. Bank bosses are to blame. Hedge fund managers are to blame. Need I go on?

We need to stop picking on one or two scapegoats.

Finally, yes the unelected Queen does hold ultimate power but she won’t use it. I cast my vote for Labour at the last general election knowing full well that Blair was going to stand down before his term was up, and that Gordon Brown would probably take his place. My point being that people who voted Labour voted knowing this so he’s not totally unelected.

Sorry rant over! It’s just politics is a passion of mine.

switchlogic:
No it doesn’t, a Prime Minister is not going to resign over an online petition with 36,452 names on it.

Yes, I do know that. I didn’t mean he has to resign because of a petition. I meant the inevitable contender to take over is David Cameron. Trust me, I do understand politics.

switchlogic:
I say quite plainly I’m no Brown fan then you tell me I am. Listen to David Cameron, he has no original ideas, he sways all over the place and panders too much to public opinion. It’s too easy to be in opposition and say I support this or that since he won’t have to find the money.

I agree it is easier being in opposition than in government, but Cameron will have to find the money if the polls are correct and he does indeed become the next Prime Minister.

switchlogic:
We would be in a better place with the Euro.

This statement shows you understand neither politics or economics. When the Euro was weak, people like you were telling us that we should be in the Euro to help with our exports. Now it is strong, the same people are saying we should be in. At least Ken Clarke understands the economics of the situation and argues against joining merely because we’re in a downturn.

switchlogic:
We are all to blame. MANY (not all) of us took the cheap credit that was offered. People buying houses with mortgages many times their income are to blame. People (like me) who got up to their eyeballs in debt are to blame.

Well I for one am not to blame. I have NEVER had credit apart from a mortage. Does that make me complicit in this financial crisis? NO. I have saved up and bought stuff once I had enough money and yes that includes a car. People should try it.

The problem is, was and always has been banks lending money to prats who had no intention or means to pay the debt off. The banks were simply allowed to sell the debt on, so please don’t try and tell me “the good times are now over and we all have our part to play” cause that is ■■■■■■■■!

Dazza:

switchlogic:
We would be in a better place with the Euro.

This statement shows you understand neither politics or economics. When the Euro was weak, people like you were telling us that we should be in the Euro to help with our exports. Now it is strong, the same people are saying we should be in. At least Ken Clarke understands the economics of the situation and argues against joining merely because we’re in a downturn.

switchlogic:
We are all to blame. MANY (not all) of us took the cheap credit that was offered. People buying houses with mortgages many times their income are to blame. People (like me) who got up to their eyeballs in debt are to blame.

Well I for one am not to blame. I have NEVER had credit apart from a mortage. Does that make me complicit in this financial crisis? NO. I have saved up and bought stuff once I had enough money and yes that includes a car. People should try it.

The problem is, was and always has been banks lending money to prats who had no intention or means to pay the debt off. The banks were simply allowed to sell the debt on, so please don’t try and tell me “the good times are now over and we all have our part to play” cause that is [zb]!

I wish you would read properly what I say. I said we would be better off if we were in the Euro. I did not say we should join it. As it happens I think it would be a mistake to join it right now. I was merely saying we would be in a better position if we had the Euro when this happened.

I did say ‘MANY (not all)’ with regards to the cheap credit. Of course some people like you were sensible but millions were not. I am one of those, although I did finally pay everything back and not go bankrupt. Also there are plenty out there (and I’m not saying your one) who paid well over the odds for houses which they are now stuck with, so having no debt apart form a mortgage it not necessarily a defence (again I’m not saying you are in this group).

What I’m saying is the good times are over and in hindsight they were too good, and that MOST of us have a part to play.

Finally you could put your point across without swearing in every post, it would look better!