Form an orderly queue!

"Dazza:
I agree it is easier being in opposition than in government, but Cameron will have to find the money if the polls are correct and he does indeed become the next Prime Minister.

Oh yes, and you make a statement like this and tell me I don’t understand politics! 1992 election anyone? Major, very unpopular, country deep in recession (admittedly not as deep as this one) and polls initially saying Labour would sweep to power, followed by exit polls saying it would be hung then he wins with a majority. People OFTEN (not always) stick with what they know during the rough times. If an election is called I think Camerons lack of vision would be very clear.

I just found your comment very patronising. You know nothing about me, I may have an Economics degree for all you know. (I don’t but you get my point). Would you tell one of the many Politicians or Economists in favour of the Euro they know nothing about Politics or Economics?

Brown has steered the UK economy since 1997, from coming to power they had a float to play with. In 12 years that float is now a huge millstone.

Brown also gave ultimate responsibility of the finances of this country to the unelected governor of the Bank of England.

Blaming the Tories for the financial problems we are facing today is like blaming George Best for Manchester United losing against Everton.

I will help to vote him out too.

Wheel Nut:
Brown has steered the UK economy since 1997, from coming to power they had a float to play with. In 12 years that float is now a huge millstone.

Brown also gave ultimate responsibility of the finances of this country to the unelected governor of the Bank of England.

Blaming the Tories for the financial problems we are facing today is like blaming George Best for Manchester United losing against Everton.

I will help to vote him out too.

Who’s blaming the Tories?

Labour is the only party that really really hate the motorist.

And for that reason I’m voting him Out. :laughing: :laughing:

switchlogic:

Most people who wear striped tracksuit bottoms & do not even remember what she did do for Britain come out and say it is all Maggies fault.

Labour have had 12 years to improve and yet they have failed, miserably…

Did you think I was blaming you? I would have, if you were the Prime Minister :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

switchlogic:

Most people who wear striped tracksuit bottoms & do not even remember what she did do for Britain come out and say it is all Maggies fault.

Did you think I was blaming you? I would have, if you were the Prime Minister :stuck_out_tongue:

As it happens I’m a big fan of Thatcher, she did a huge amount for this country. I see your point now, yes some people have been blaming ‘Thatcherism’ but I think that’s a bit lazy. After all Tony Blair was one of the biggest believers in Thatcherism.

Labour have improved this country in many ways but also failed in many. Very similar to Maggie herself.

switchlogic:

Wheel Nut:

switchlogic:

As it happens I’m a big fan of Thatcher, she did a huge amount for this country. I see your point now, yes some people have been blaming ‘Thatcherism’ but I think that’s a bit lazy. After all Tony Blair was one of the biggest believers in Thatcherism.

Labour have improved this country in many ways but also failed in many. Very similar to Maggie herself.

Such as?

An interesting fact came to light last week when it was announced that every Labour government bar none has run out of money. So much for the Scot who has sold all our gold at rock bottom prices and doles out huge lots of our cash to the undeserving types who appear on Jeremy Kyle. And then all the pigs at Westminster/ Brussells plundering as much of our cash as possible. It just sickens me. :imp:

Switchlogic, don’t you know that replying to your own post is “bad etiquette”? Never mind. :laughing:

As for John Major in 1992, the pollsters simply got it wrong, as they didn’t bank on the so-called “lie-factor”. This was the only reason Major won “against the odds” and scraped through.

Every election since 1992 has had the pollsters almost bang-on regarding the result.

You really are flip-flopping on the issue of the Euro aren’t you? First Iceland is “on a fast track to join it to save the country” and now you’re agreeing with me “As it happens I think it would be a mistake to join it right now”.

As for “the many Politicians or Economists in favour of the Euro” who exactly are they? Ken Clarke was the most high-profile Euro-supporter and even he doesn’t think we should join. (I said this earlier, you probably missed it).

Wheel Nut — Spot on.

Bubsy06 — I am in total agreement.

The sooner the man in the shellsuit wakes up to the damage New Labour are doing to this country the better.

Dazza:
Switchlogic, don’t you know that replying to your own post is “bad etiquette”? Never mind. :lol

Every election since 1992 has had the pollsters almost bang-on regarding the result.

You really are flip-flopping on the issue of the Euro aren’t you? First Iceland is “on a fast track to join it to save the country” and now you’re agreeing with me “As it happens I think it would be a mistake to join it right now”.

As for “the many Politicians or Economists in favour of the Euro” who exactly are they? Ken Clarke was the most high-profile Euro-supporter and even he doesn’t think we should join. (I said this earlier, you probably missed it).

It’s amazing how patronising you come across! Where did I reply to my own post? And why is it bad etiquette if I did?

The elections since then have been fairly easy to predict to be fair. Tony Blair against a finished John Major, William Hague and Michael Howard. Think most people could work out the result.

Why’s that flip-flopping? I’m in favour of the Euro. Your right, this point in time would be a bad time to join but in the long term we will. I agreed that it was not the right time for THIS COUNTRY. Iceland needs the Euro as soon as possible. 2 countries, 2 issues. Iceland’s currency is finished.

I await with excitement your next response! Good times.

switchlogic:
It’s amazing how patronising you come across!

I know, it’s taken me ages to perfect my demeanour. :grimacing:

switchlogic:
Where did I reply to my own post? And why is it bad etiquette if I did?

You posted once and then posted again 10 minutes later. This is known as “bumping your own post” and keeping it at the top. I’m not really bothered, some people on here pull others up for USING CAPITALS AND SHOUTING, but I was just winding you up - it worked!!

switchlogic:
The elections since then have been fairly easy to predict to be fair. Tony Blair against a finished John Major, William Hague and Michael Howard. Think most people could work out the result.

Well this brings me back to the polls, if they had been wrong in 1997 & 2005 then we would have been surprised by the result as we were in 1992.

switchlogic:
Iceland needs the Euro as soon as possible. 2 countries, 2 issues. Iceland’s currency is finished.

One quick question. Why mention Iceland in the first place if you now admit that their circumstances do not reflect ours in the UK? It was you who mentioned Iceland.

Armchair politicians? I’ve [zb] ‘em!!

I’m going to give up on this now because I’m bored of having to explain everything I say.

But just to answer your final question - I mentioned Iceland and Ireland as examples of why the Euro is a good thing. One who’s economy would have collapsed by now if not for the Euro and the other who’s economy already has and is going to be saved by the Euro. Read my posts and this is clear. People in this country seem to regard the Euro as the currency of the Devil!

Finally I have been in favour of the Euro from the beginning and think it’s a question when we join not if. The reason I don’t think now is a good idea is that I don’t think the Euro could cope with us joining as things stand.

Nice debating with you, I’m off to my armchair (well the passenger seat) now for a rest. Have a splendid weekend.

Fair enough. You have every right to support the Euro.

Notice you’ve conceded my point on the outcome of the election & the polls. :grimacing:

I seem to have to have “antagonised” Denis F with my use of comedy foul language. Oh, I remember the good ol’ days when a little light autocensor dodging was tolerated. :unamused:

I once got censored for mentioning the town of Scúnthorpe in North Lincolnshire.

Can’t think why.

See what I did there? :smiling_imp:

Has anyone seen this in today’s paper?

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … acked.html

Thanks for that Berewic. Very interesting.

In all fairness, we can’t replace Brown. He’s the best of a bad bunch! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Yeah right!!

That’s funny! The Daily Mail, what a great honest paper! (Thats if you can see past the racism, homophobia and constant lies it produces).

switchlogic:
That’s funny! The Daily Mail, what a great honest paper! (Thats if you can see past the racism, homophobia and constant lies it produces).

And what is your preferred choice of newspaper Switch?

This’ll be interesting. :grimacing: :grimacing:

I mostly rely on the BBC News website as I’m abroad most of the time. I do buy a Saturday paper 2/3 times a month, I’m sure an educated man like you can guess which one!

The Daily Mail is a hideous hate filled rag edited by a bitter bigot in Paul Dacre and my opinion of anyone who reads it is fairly low.

Please don’t get me started on a full Daily Mail rant!

this is from the only newspaper worth reading these days.JEREMY Clarkson was factually correct, it was claimed last night.

Of course, you wouldn’t actually allow a Scotsman into your house
As the Top Gear presenter faced a storm of protest after describing prime minister Gordon Brown as ‘a one-eyed Scottish idiot’, experts stressed the constituent parts of the statement could all be verified.

Julian Cook, professor of semantics at Reading University, said: "Think of it this way. What if Jeremy Clarkson had divided the information into three separate sentences?

"For instance; ‘Gordon Brown has one eye’. Yes he does. No-one is denying that. Secondly, ‘Gordon Brown is Scottish’. Yes he is, so are lots of other people and that is reasonably normal.

“And finally ‘Gordon Brown is an idiot’. Well yes, of course he is. If you didn’t think that then clearly you’re some kind of idiot. And possibly Scottish. With one eye.”

Professor Cook added: "It’s all about language, it’s all about context.

"Put it this way, if he had called Gordon Brown a ‘Jocko moron whose eyes are all wonky’, or maybe ‘Long John Silver, the kilted ■■■■■■■■■ or perhaps even ‘Winky McFucknut, the alcoholic sheep-shagger’ then yes, I could see how some people might find that offensive.

"Or if he had put on an eye patch and sat there shouting ‘jings! crivens! am such a wee eejit!’.

“Or if he had wandered around the stage with one eye shut, bumping into things while sticking his tongue inside his bottom lip and banging the backs of his hands together while screaming ‘och aye the noo, I’m Gordon the spazzy’, then yes, that is perhaps going a bit too far.”

Professor Cook said Clarkson’s sentence was not only accurate but possessed a ‘beautiful simplicity’, adding: “Or what about this one? He puts on an eye patch, a kilt and a tam o’shanter and performs simulated ■■■■■■■■■■■ at the wrong end of an inflatable sheep and then falls off the stage. Yeah, I’d liked to have seen that.”

take a look at The Daily Mash .com