now macc

presto51:
i of our members has posted old pictures of curries of dumfries
did they buy trucks when t c brown lochmaben ceased hauling

i know its many moons ago but smart motors
i rememeber scania 111 parked up behind legion old cheese factory
now macc

Hi presto51,

I’ve moved your post to this forum, and telling you this has given me the opportunity to give it a BUMP up to the top of this forum. :wink:

Without being disrespectful to anybody, I’ll just say that the guys in here tend to be a bit more experienced and have longer memories. :grimacing: :laughing: :wink:

currie,s bought tc browns 112s 113s and the scammel when we went to currie,s then sold them on as they were only four wheelers and of no use to them plus the the fact there was not a curries driver fit to sit in the drivers seat of a tc browns truck :imp: :smiling_imp:

hi stravainger regi number is csw 225x was driven by davie kirkpatrick who went on to be transport manager at tc browns till taken over by curries a sad day for browns drivers but thats life i suppose picture was taken loading at the carnation milk plant in dumfries tc browns also used to haul out of the ici dumfries

was the tc brown truck behind the legion not driven by roy smith? i think that was his name but not sure (was jack buchannans bil) he went to galbraiths tankers and had a bad accident with a barrel of acid…drove saab car…
james

i think the driver jimbo47 means was roy williamsom browns finished after william brown(chippy) died

yup thats right …that was a duh moment ,he was mates with my dad… :blush: :unamused:

ahhh… roy smith drove for united carriers at gretna! i must be getting brain fade…

JIMBO47:
ahhh… roy smith drove for united carriers at gretna! i must be getting brain fade…

I think Curries must have ran the TCB Scanias for a while because I can remember Grahams at Carlisle asked me if I was interested in buying them.When I looked at them at Carlisle I couldn’t believe the state they were in! I wouldn’t have used them to shunt in the yard! From memory TCB ran a tidy fleet but these motors had come from Curries! Bewick.

was the fish lorry driven bye jimmy (doit)dunbar finished up before u boys finished with tc brown
and was the fish delivered to lochmaben bye charles alexander
cheers :smiley:

was that a leyland or a benz 7.5tner ? ,was it parked on rd at shieldhill.
james. : :slight_smile:

I think when the fish job started it was an LAD cab Clydesdale did it. There was a Roy left TC and went on Heaton’s they had trunk motors at lockerbie for a while 4wh Dodge K series box vans and he was on the 74 when the fan blades came up through the floor and luckily missed him Bet he wondered what the hell was happening eh.eddie.

it was a mercedes 7.5 that sat in shieldhill driven by billy jardine who went on to drive artics for tc
:unamused: