150 curries of dumfries photos here

ok will do, regards

burningoil for your info dumfries transport group,
are showing my photos on the 17th of March.
see atached link.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=75270
dumfriestransportgroup.com/

Great to see such classic pics on here. It would be nice to know how they got involved with Tesco (they, along with Harry Lawsons) seemed to have been doing traction in and out of Scotland forever! Having driven for Tescos at (the now defunct since Steady Eddie took over) Middlewich site, it was always a pleasure running up to Livingstone or, occasionally Dundee with these boys. Have to admit, they had usually disappeared into the mist by the time I’d got to Knutsford but just about got a chance to wave at them as I would be entering Lesmahagow for my 45, as they were on their way out :slight_smile:

a group of ex curries at a recent slide show in dumfries

DSCF0032.JPG

new facebook group curries of dumfries truck photos.

facebook.com/groups/659470587416200/

new group added for currie european newer trucks lovers.

facebook.com/groups/153808331494494/

another new group for j and j currie dargavel stores dumfries.

facebook.com/groups/426417617463256/

gallery/album.php?album_id=437

captmarvel:
http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/gallery/album.php?album_id=437

Some great pics on there cap’t.

Good photos, its a real shame now to see the white scanias running about with just the name on the door :frowning: .

Great photos there mate…thanks for sharing.

Great pikcs captain, just how we remember curries…

Nice pics, my dads friend Derek ashley use to drive for them in early 80’s kept tuggin at his shirt tales to ride shotgun with him but my mum would’nt let me go on an overnighter…booooo…What happened to Archie coupland last i remember he had a Renault? His son was a year older than me goin through school…

archie was working out of felixstowe last i heard.
regards bill.

i have been told he now lives in bulgaria, growing grapes.
regards bill.

Great, great pictures from the era when all roads led to Dover on a Sunday. Good to also see the BB Read and Beresford lorries. Such a shame Curries are now just plain factory white with logo stuck on, progress ?!
Mind you I remember seeing Curries when I was a young boy, spotting with my Dad,coming through at such a rate into Dover on Sunday afternoons and early evening.It certainly made an impressive sight as there :sunglasses: was rarely just the one coming down Jubilee Way.
Yet, hope not being too controversial here, but hardly any uniform livery on the Curries motors. Was this deliberate ? Some had yellow stripes, others did not, some had them round the other way and lots of different variations of the firms name along the cab doors.The Transcon nearly all red with yellow coachlines.
Either way, good to see they are still going. :sunglasses:

I second everything thats been said Capt great pics,great scenery and imho the best truck Scania has made the 111.

Ringrose:
Great, great pictures from the era when all roads led to Dover on a Sunday. Good to also see the BB Read and Beresford lorries. Such a shame Curries are now just plain factory white with logo stuck on, progress ?!
Mind you I remember seeing Curries when I was a young boy, spotting with my Dad,coming through at such a rate into Dover on Sunday afternoons and early evening.It certainly made an impressive sight as there :sunglasses: was rarely just the one coming down Jubilee Way.
Yet, hope not being too controversial here, but hardly any uniform livery on the Curries motors. Was this deliberate ? Some had yellow stripes, others did not, some had them round the other way and lots of different variations of the firms name along the cab doors.The Transcon nearly all red with yellow coachlines.
Either way, good to see they are still going. :sunglasses:

Might be wrong but a lot of subbies had their own trucks decked out in Currie’s colours so this could explain the different but similar liveries?

Fantastic photo’s. Keep them coming if you have more :wink: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

copyright them mate there great pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: