food

i went in a moto the other day to use my free food vouchers up, yep i fancy that battered sausage and chips, about six quid. the chips were hard, the sausages were pink with fat pouring out, it was discusting, its bad enough when its free but imagine if you had to pay for. i then decided to have a b. l. t sandwich , took it to pay for it, 4 quid, you wha t :open_mouth: 4 quid for a sandwich. god help us if this is what weve got to look forward too, free or not its cra\p

ady:
i went in a moto the other day to use my free food vouchers up, yep i fancy that battered sausage and chips, about six quid. the chips were hard, the sausages were pink with fat pouring out, it was discusting, its bad enough when its free but imagine if you had to pay for. i then decided to have a b. l. t sandwich , took it to pay for it, 4 quid, you wha t :open_mouth: 4 quid for a sandwich. god help us if this is what weve got to look forward too, free or not its cra\p

I thought the only people who ate from the MSA’s where people on coaches and reps?

well mike it makes you wonder what there all doing with there free food for fuel vouchers then, unless there using them for coffee,s only

You need to get Burger king or kentucky with them at least thats fresher.

the sausages were pink with fat pouring out

Report them to the evironmental health officer, they’ll close them down instantly for that.

I wont buy the any food from the MSA, just able to buy only newspaper or mags but all msa food & shop are RIP OFF!!! :imp:

I prefer bring own fresh food then sat and enjoying watching the coach, family and sales rep’s face when they are in restantraunt tills :laughing:

Coach drivers love MSA s, they get all the free food they want and 10 years ago when i was driving coaches up and down the M6, five visits to any Granada service station was 10 pounds of free goods.

was in the moto on the m6 today,
got a bottle of water, £2.69, couldnt believe it.
oh and the other day £1.75 for a cup of tea. that must be an expensive teabag i said to the girl behind the counter in a strong northern irish accent… sorry she said. so i said it again, she couldnt undersdtand me, i think she thought i was on the coach with te french dudes… ah well, not to worry.

kentucky jammy, i didnt know moto had any , and with what they did to that sausage i hate to think what theyd do to a piece of chicken, and as i dont get sick pay i dont think im about to find out :laughing:

3 O’clock pm, breaking my neck to catch a boat I pulled into Clackett lane to take my last 15 mins break but this time I had it all planned. Kettle on, run to services to Pee, buy a paper and ten ■■■■. back to cab, make tea and then drink on the move on the way to Dover. Sounds good but there are about 6 coaches in all containing confused OAP’s (I’m being kind) and they are all i the mood to use every service and buy everything the place provides. They all lurk dont they, they just [zb] lurk and loiter so I nearly pee myself waiting and after a halfhearted handwash and dry one old guy in sandals and it aint half hot mum shorts tells me I’ll get chapped hands if I’m not careful!! In the shop a queue of ladies have an EU conference to decide between the whole nut or fruit and nut(they get under my false teeth Gladys!!) Eventually get served by moron who can’t add up even when the till does it all for you and has to call supervisor cos my paper wont scan. Eventually get back to cab 20 mins later to find kettle boiled dry and knackered. No tea this afternoon, Drive off in temper, miss planned boat, overnight sttop in layby instead of steak and chips and pint tin of ruddy soup.and cant even make a cup of tea…I could go on… MSA’s dontcha luv em, no wonder we pee in layby’s!!!

daneinter:
3 O’clock pm, breaking my neck to catch a boat I pulled into Clackett lane to take my last 15 mins break but this time I had it all planned. Kettle on, run to services to Pee, buy a paper and ten ■■■■. back to cab, make tea and then drink on the move on the way to Dover. Sounds good but there are about 6 coaches in all containing confused OAP’s (I’m being kind) and they are all i the mood to use every service and buy everything the place provides. They all lurk dont they, they just [zb] lurk and loiter so I nearly pee myself waiting and after a halfhearted handwash and dry one old guy in sandals and it aint half hot mum shorts tells me I’ll get chapped hands if I’m not careful!! In the shop a queue of ladies have an EU conference to decide between the whole nut or fruit and nut(they get under my false teeth Gladys!!) Eventually get served by moron who can’t add up even when the till does it all for you and has to call supervisor cos my paper wont scan. Eventually get back to cab 20 mins later to find kettle boiled dry and knackered. No tea this afternoon, Drive off in temper, miss planned boat, overnight sttop in layby instead of steak and chips and pint tin of ruddy soup.and cant even make a cup of tea…I could go on… MSA’s dontcha luv em, no wonder we pee in layby’s!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Brilliant story! Gave me a laugh anyway!

In reply to the original post about the food - if you REALLY want to bust a gut with food poisoning, can I suggest a visit to the 24hr cafe at Ross-on-Wye Cattle Market :open_mouth: or not quite as bad but either of the 24hr cafes on the A1 at Markham Moor :open_mouth: . I was seemingly born with a lead-lined gut and can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve been ill in my entire life, but food from both of those places really gave me grief a couple of hours later :open_mouth: .

Rob K:
or not quite as bad but either of the 24hr cafes on the A1 at Markham Moor :open_mouth: . I was seemingly born with a lead-lined gut and can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve been ill in my entire life, but food from both of those places really gave me grief a couple of hours later :open_mouth: .

I only use the North Bound at Markham Moor now (Drinks only) But the Southbound is a definite must miss in my opinion, He had a fiddle with the Genny then straight into the kitchen to butter bread :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: The bread has grease and oil all over, Then he wondered why the Irish Guy threatened to Deck him if he did’nt give him his money back before he walked out :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That finished me in there Hygiene ■■?

I suppose the only Hygiene is what he says to her when she walks through the Door :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Jean :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

well ive found a use for the vouchers ive given all 40 quids worth to my mate, hes over the moon, can thank me enough, but what he hasnt realised theres method in madness, im hoping he pigs out on it and gets a deli belly and cant work the weekend so i get his sunday, you give away 40quids worh to gain 160 quid :laughing: see we knock m.s.a but theyve got there uses. :laughing:

ive given all 40 quids worth to my mate

Wow, he must be pleased with the cup of coffee & small cake he can get - :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Rob K:

daneinter:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Brilliant story! Gave me a laugh anyway!

In reply to the original post about the food - if you REALLY want to bust a gut with food poisoning, can I suggest a visit to the 24hr cafe at Ross-on-Wye Cattle Market :open_mouth: or not quite as bad but either of the 24hr cafes on the A1 at Markham Moor :open_mouth: . I was seemingly born with a lead-lined gut and can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve been ill in my entire life, but food from both of those places really gave me grief a couple of hours later :open_mouth: .

went there once a few years back. never again i tell ya,never again.
has to be the dirtyes place ive ever eaten.yak

I stopped at R-O-W last week never again…!!!

Never got gut rot from there but was not impressed !!!

Got the view from notice board, ring 0898 blah blah if you have probs with food, staff , hygiene etc, that they will get more money as it prob is a premium rate number or they will send the “heavies” round to make sure you part company with contents of wallet or stomach…

Maybe a covert call to EH wll shut this place down !!!

I hold a Food Hygiene chit and this place shouldnt hold a playing card let alone owt else !!!

That girl who works in Ross on Wye is filthy. I stopped there once and had already heard stories so I didn’t eat. She stepped outside, smoked a cigarette, and then went back in and started preparing food without even washing her hands. Smoking a ■■■ means repeatedly putting your hand up to your mouth and is one of the easiest ways of transmitting food poisoning.

i saw her scrub menu board with dettol spray then serve food…!!!

basic hygeine skills even to look after yourselves tells you to wasy your hands after using dettol !!!

Davey Driver:

Rob K:
or not quite as bad but either of the 24hr cafes on the A1 at Markham Moor :open_mouth: . I was seemingly born with a lead-lined gut and can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve been ill in my entire life, but food from both of those places really gave me grief a couple of hours later :open_mouth: .

I only use the North Bound at Markham Moor now (Drinks only) But the Southbound is a definite must miss in my opinion, He had a fiddle with the Genny then straight into the kitchen to butter bread :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: The bread has grease and oil all over, Then he wondered why the Irish Guy threatened to Deck him if he did’nt give him his money back before he walked out :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That finished me in there Hygiene ■■?

I suppose the only Hygiene is what he says to her when she walks through the Door :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Jean :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I take back what I said about Markham Moor layby’s, well, the northbound one at least - I stopped there this morning with another guy and we had a pot of tea each and some food and it was all spot on - very enjoyable in fact and friendly banter. :slight_smile:

Actually Davey, thinking back, it was the southbound one where the food was bad. Luckily, at the times I go south I can make it to Colsterworth for a lamb shank dinner before they close (as I did last night :stuck_out_tongue: ) so no need to stop at Markham Moor :laughing: .

24hr cafe at Ross-on-Wye Cattle Market

I’ll second that.

A company I used to work for, (Rob knows who I mean) trunk down to there on a night,and the lads that stop there,eat in town instead.

I used to stop there as well,but would only ever eat there if I was daft enough to forget to eat on the way in,and seemingly survived.

Ken.