Poll: Info for a Truck & Driver article

Note: This is for an article for Truck & Driver magazine, If you dont want any comments you make in this thread to appear in print please make that clear within your post.

The question is relevant to when/If you stop for a break at a MSA (Motorway Service area) ONLY and the choice for food

Plesae choose the option Closest too, or the one you most regularly use

Thanks for your help :smiley:

Off topic comments will be removed from this thread to stop it “Drifting”

Whether in truck or car, I never buy from the services unless there is no other option.

I can usually find a large superstore close to a motoway and a nice chat with their security usually gets a truck ■■■■■■■■■■■■ for a short time :wink: :slight_smile:

EDIT to add -
I wonder if the large supermarket chains could take over and run motorway services and combine them with their usual superstores.
Access from the motorway for commercials combined with access from the A road(s) nearby for the usual shoppers :question: :bulb:

agree with Rog if I can not stop at a good place then I go also into the supermarkts as the food is good and not expensive
MSA are in the UK the worst and lowest form of feeding establishments,They need to send their managers over the water to see how it is done,

usually a sandwich from the shop, sometimes a fast food meal

quite often just buy a latte from the coffee shop though - expensive but nice !!!

I’ll only really buy a fast food meal B King , KFC , etc as a last resort the cost is about 50p more than the high street. but after 9pm most of them are shut so nothing to eat apart from a sandwich from the shop and thats expencive.

if i buy food from msa’s its usually from the fast food outlet as it usually means ive had a hard day and can be bothered cooking in the cab and u know the quality

I only stop at MOTO services to go to marks and spencers, a little expensive I know but the food is always good quality and better than the crap they sell in the restaurants

I bring may own pack up and just park find it to expensive to eat there 5 nights a week when i was on nights

i find that the quality of food the is uncooked at times or the reverse over cooked there never seam to get it right,

and on a personal note how can there justify the price of some of it

its normally fast food when i stop at service stations. the sandwiches are always something i wouldn’t eat. im not a veg fan

I only buy from moto using their vouchers which i get when fuelling up and then its either the hot sandwich or ready made for later. Generally cook all my own food to save on cost and also it’s better than a meal on ANY motorway services. My bacon butty costs 5 mins of my time and all told about 50p at worst and its good bacon . The stale congealed rubbish and the sky high prices have always put me off.How they can justify the charges is beyond me . :unamused: :unamused:

I don’t mind paying for good quality food served in pleasant suroundings Orwell crossing, stockyard and Tebay spring to mind but I refuse to pay msa prices for the muck they serve at inflated prices.

like other comments on this i only buy from the fast food outlets,and that is generally kfc and pizza express as they have the best prices, wouldn’t bother with the burger outlets as they are overpriced,
i do like the food out of m&s which i buy more than the fast food i.e their ready made salads and the cold chicken. I did look at the food on offer at fleet service’s about a week ago and had to admit it did look quite nice but the price is way over the top, if they went back to having drivers restaurant with food at a discounted price or some other system in place just maybe i would give it a go, but they rip us off with everything else i can’t see that ever happening :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

as i dont have a house to re-mortgage i cant afford to buy any of the rubbish they peddle as food.

Is this thread open to non-uk based drivers?
I don’t buy anything - I’m more than happy with the free cheese salad roll and coffee I get for dieseling up :smiley:

I would rather eat my own excrement and drink my own urine than the rubbish they try to pass off as food and drink in MSAs!!( Don’t get me started on the showers) But if Marks and Sparks took over the running of the MSAs i’m sure the standards would surely rise, their sandwiches are far better AND cheaper than MSAs rubbish.

I only ever buy from KFC, If there is no KFC I will not set foot in a MSA.

Zetorpilot:
I don’t buy anything - I’m more than happy with the free cheese salad roll and coffee I get for dieseling up :smiley:

Wot?
Free cheese salad roll when you fill up. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Where are you filling up to get a free roll & coffee?

berewic:

Zetorpilot:

Wot?
Free cheese salad roll when you fill up. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Where are you filling up to get a free roll & coffee?

Teboil service stations, whenever I put in more than 200l (sometimes 250l, depends on the individual place) which is pretty much every shift…

when i’m on a MSA i go for the fast food because there more chance its fresh . i had a crurry on a MSA last week and it was nice but not much of it :cry: i try to stop at a real cafe or truckstop as the food is lots better and is cheaper to :smiley: :smiley:

The owners of the MSA`s should take some advice from the people on this website with regards to recommendations for food and quality etc they could learn a hell of a lot from some of the better truckstops we use but until they are suffering financially from bad service/poor food/overpricing, nothing will change.

Personally, i take my own food or stop at a decent truckstop for a meal. If i am stuck at one of these places on an overnighter then i`ll buy KFC/Burger King as this is the nearest you can buy to high street food at high street prices - charging £7 or £8 for a meal which is of substandard quality and usually dried up or lukewarm is totally unacceptable.