Hello Moto MSA......and well done!

I feel that I must write to congratulate Moto on a wonderful job in the start of their motorway services upgrades. I arrived on Monday afternoon to the smell of freshly mown lawn, the sun was shining, the birds singing. I swung into a lovely wide parking slot only 15m from the front door and stepped inside a wonderful cavern of delights, chocolates,cheeses and locally produced products were all out on display. No parking charges were required for my 18hr stay and i made use of the freshly cleaned shower room (also free) and then went for a coffee and slice of freshly cooked pizza - fantastic. I later returned that evening for a steak, cooked to my liking, and a bottle of red wine. Before i left the next morning, after coffee and a pastry, I noticed that the cleaner was out in the truck park tidying up litter and emptying the bins.All in all a first class effort Mr Moto - but why the ?!*$ do i have to travel all the way to Italy to be treated like this!!! - how come it’s good enough for the Italians but not for us - and you have the gall to charge us twice, once for parking and then again with exhorbitant meal charges - best thing would be to boycott all MSA’s for both fuel and parking - or at least campaign heavily for all parking charges for trucks to be scrapped.

I wish they would do that here, Interstate services seem to do everything they can to deter trucks from parking, they have small areas that can hold around 10 trucks at the rear and acres of spare room out front but if you just pull ot front to pop in for a take out you get a ticket. :angry:

Chef:
… best thing would be to boycott all MSA’s for both fuel and parking…

the problem is Pat is that that would play directly into their hands. They don’t want the heavy’s and if that traffic ceased to patronise the MSA’s the car parks could be made smaller and cheaper to maintain.

sadly Qhunter is right, the MSA have to provide truck parking by law, they would like to see the back of us, whatever they say to truck mags, Just imagine how many punter could fill a lorry park.

Told you before check out the signs on the M6 for Knutsford has a lovely picture of a truck on it with a great big red line through it, WHY.

The facilities at Donnington are slightly better than the norm. Actually having a half decent and clean :open_mouth: shower which is free. Shame you have to pay a fortune for everything else. :confused: