Foden export 4410

bubbleman:
Hello. :laughing:

Black Cat 1

and again

Black Cat 2

Hope these are of interest.

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

what happend to blackcat 2 a lot of hauliers in 80s 90s had a big foden on fleet stabled with f16 142 143 etc drivers always said the foden would be best puller they a lad in bradford with a 4450 on a G plate he had it from new thats black it got factory built rear lift one of first with 450 cats he just retierd it he want part with it thought this truck is a limited adition its got every extra at the time when iam down there next al get sum pictures the lad now runs a 55 plate daf 530 rear lift in silver

ooo

that wouldā€™nt be from the hindley green area would it ? it sounds like one iā€™v seen a few times on shunter duties for a tipper builder . how long has it been in the country ?

Have you tried e mailing the Foden Society? Iā€™ve had members of theirs come upto me in service areas when Iā€™ve been driving our spare 4000 series wagons. Youā€™d be surprised what they know, usually more than the driver Iā€™ve found!
You said itā€™s got air-con, are you sure the doors are closing properly?! :smiley:

and put a picture up ā€¦ its the rule :smiley:

bowser:
that wouldā€™nt be from the hindley green area would it ? it sounds like one iā€™v seen a few times on shunter duties for a tipper builder . how long has it been in the country ?

Yep thats the one, been after it for years, finally got it but in a poor state now

Muckaway:
Have you tried e mailing the Foden Society? Iā€™ve had members of theirs come upto me in service areas when Iā€™ve been driving our spare 4000 series wagons. Youā€™d be surprised what they know, usually more than the driver Iā€™ve found!
You said itā€™s got air-con, are you sure the doors are closing properly?! :smiley:

HaHa, yep its defo got air con, its a carrier air con unit built in under bottom bunk, thought about e mailing them at Foden society before but aint got round to joining up as yet.

jimbotruck:

bowser:

Yep thats the one, been after it for years, finally got it but in a poor state now

Not sure if itā€™s of help, but my employer Smith and Sons are breaking a W reg 4000 series. Got a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  405 in it. Itā€™s a day cab though and it provides odd spares to keep our last 2 operational 4000s going, though there might be something of use they might want to sell off it?

bowser:

not sure how to post a pic as yet, any ideas? still trying to work that one out!

jimbotruck:

bowser:

not sure how to post a pic as yet, any ideas? still trying to work that one out!

photobucket , thats what you need ā€¦

hey jimbotruck

check this out mate, instuctions on how to post pics

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=35020

hope this helps, cant wait to see some pics of your foden.

cheers
gaz

whats up with it jimbo .? it didā€™nt look in bad shape when i last saw it , iā€™m not sure he was using it much tho but it looked ok.
i think he had a magnum aswell ā€¦

Do any of you Foden lads remember a new/newish 6 wheel tractor being ā€œnickedā€ from a dealership in Bristol in the late 80s early 90s which must have been cut up and the Cat engine turned up in Austrailia.If it hadnā€™t been for the vigilance of a Cat salesman looking round this depot and noting the cat engine nos.which in this case denoted that this engine had been built in France for operation in the northern Hemisphere and was not specā€™d for the southern hemisphere.He went back to his office and when he checked up he found that this engine had been supplied to Fodens! So there was a lot of ā€œcollars feltā€ apparently!! Bewick.

bowser:
whats up with it jimbo .? it didā€™nt look in bad shape when i last saw it , iā€™m not sure he was using it much tho but it looked ok.
i think he had a magnum aswell ā€¦

Hello Bowser, It was in a bit of a state when I got it, no front bumper, no headlights, indicators and the cab corners have been bashed on both sides where the indicators should go, exhaust missing, one fuel tank missing rear wings gone, clutch poked, passenger door knackard etc so only cosmetics really, needs all new tyres too, but hey the good news is this, I have got most of the bits now to sort it, spent over 900 pound so far but have got headlights and brackets, front bumper, bumper spoiler (still needs fiberglassing up) clutch, passenger door, fuel tank, tyres off a good mate of mine, new batteries, indicators,drivers seat base, air dryer, gear linkage joints, cab tilt pump, front grille catches, blah blah, so there ya go, next job is fitting the clutch then once its drivable on the farm I can make a start cleaning the years of paintshop overspray off the top of the cab then see how many other small filler repairs need doing, so should be done some time in 2025 ha ha, just keep chipping away at it. By the way, if anyone has a genuine Foden upright exhaust with a 5 inch inlet (cheep) then give me a shout.

Bewick:
Do any of you Foden lads remember a new/newish 6 wheel tractor being ā€œnickedā€ from a dealership in Bristol in the late 80s early 90s which must have been cut up and the Cat engine turned up in Austrailia.If it hadnā€™t been for the vigilance of a Cat salesman looking round this depot and noting the cat engine nos.which in this case denoted that this engine had been built in France for operation in the northern Hemisphere and was not specā€™d for the southern hemisphere.He went back to his office and when he checked up he found that this engine had been supplied to Fodens! So there was a lot of ā€œcollars feltā€ apparently!! Bewick.

Hi Dennis,
Yes I remember, that went from the Avonmouth dealers forecourt, a load of chaps from the Hampshire area got into trouble for it, I think they were also sending containers out to Aussie with bits of other peopleā€™s lorries & cars which had gone missing !! :blush: :blush:
Hope all is well in ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 
Regards Richard.

MaggieD:

Bewick:

Hi Dennis,
Yes I remember, that went from the Avonmouth dealers forecourt, a load of chaps from the Hampshire area got into trouble for it, I think they were also sending containers out to Aussie with bits of other peopleā€™s lorries & cars which had gone missing !! :blush: :blush:
Hope all is well in ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 
Regards Richard.

Hello Gents,

You are reffering to the Foden ā€˜Black CATā€™, there was also a ā€˜Black CAT IIā€™, not sure which was the one that was nicked? The cabs were Black with Silver signwriting - very smart looking outfits. Iā€™ve Googled & found the following:-

roadtransport.com/blogs/big- ā€¦ n-and.html

roadtransport.com/blogs/big- ā€¦ on-bi.html

Surely somebody must have some photoā€™s of them out there, I feel sure they were at Truckfest Southwest at least one year.

Regards, Andrew Stone.

tetragaz:
hey jimbotruck

cheers
gaz

Seems a bit of a faff to me all that, plus photobucket want money to join up, there must be an easier way than that, should be able to browse my own files and uploadā– ā– ?

Re; The Fodens being stolen early 90s, my Dad had a G reg 8 legger nicked 92/93. Never seen again but what was weird was that it got nicked just after its chassis had been upgraded to the then new 32 ton gross limit. Always wondered if someone had inside knowledgeā€¦

jimbotruck:

tetragaz:
hey jimbotruck

cheers
gaz

Seems a bit of a faff to me all that, plus photobucket want money to join up, there must be an easier way than that, should be able to browse my own files and uploadā– ā– ?

Hi jimbotruck,

IIRC, the basic photobucket account is free, but with the option to upgrade to their ā€œproā€ account.

Iā€™ve been on photobucket for over three years, theyā€™ve never billed me, and Iā€™m still able up or download, edit my pics and all the other features still work.

Honestly mate, itā€™s not such a hassle once you get used to it. :wink:

Pebbles 74:

MaggieD:

Bewick:

Hello Gents,

You are reffering to the Foden ā€˜Black CATā€™, there was also a ā€˜Black CAT IIā€™, not sure which was the one that was nicked? The cabs were Black with Silver signwriting - very smart looking outfits. Iā€™ve Googled & found the following:-

Didnā€™t Ralph Davis have a Foden Black Cat once ,I seem to remember a driver being killed in it near Salamanca