Foden S20 Crewcab

I am about to start restoring this Foden.
Would you all like to be informed of progress?

Its been here a few months now and nothing done as its too bloody cold for me.
But today I removed and overhauled the starter. put it back and it started up as sweet as a nut.

2013_0923_110327AA.JPG

2013_0923_110344AA.JPG

2013_0923_110448AA.JPG

2013_0923_110519AA.JPG

Bottle of T-Cut should sort it!
Was that a recovery vehicle in a former life, by any chance?

Retired Old ■■■■:
Bottle of T-Cut should sort it!
Was that a recovery vehicle in a former life, by any chance?

In its last life yes but it was first used as a brake tester on a test track. the crew cab had the man with all the test equipment and it was a ballast tractor. by all accounts its done little work all its life

Great. So it’s time rather than miles that’s put the patina on it!
I’ll leave you to struggle in the cold with that thing while I trundle the ERF around the rallies!

Hmn, I’ve taxed worse :smiley: Lot of hard work to look forward to there mate, I’m sure we’d all be interested in updates as to how the job is going.

grumpy old man:
Hmn, I’ve taxed worse :smiley: Lot of hard work to look forward to there mate, I’m sure we’d all be interested in updates as to how the job is going.

well the cab needs a bit of tlc but its not as bad as my ERF LV was, that came as a kit. a big pile of bits

tractordriver:
I am about to start restoring this Foden.
Would you all like to be informed of progress?

is that a silly question :laughing:

Yes! Of course we do!

OH! yes mate. That motor is a beauty and best of luck sorting it out. Dying to see photos as you get on with it Jim

Hiya tractor driver.is the Foden a 4 cylinder 2 stroke or a Gardner engine…
have you got that perspex drivers side window,
John

3300John:
Hiya tractor driver.is the Foden a 4 cylinder 2 stroke or a Gardner engine…
have you got that perspex drivers side window,
John

Its a 6 cyl Gardner sound very sweet
Yes I have the window
Just got to stock up on blood, sweat and tears now :unamused:

tractordriver:

You can get a boxed set of that amazon.co.uk/Original-Album- … B001P5VT68 :laughing:

Looks a nice project and, as a Foden fan, I will be following its restoration with interest.

Pete.

i admire anyone who has the skill to restore an old lorry! i neither have the time or the money :frowning: but one day,hopefully…

carryfast-yeti:
i admire anyone who has the skill to restore an old lorry! i neither have the time or the money :frowning: but one day,hopefully…

Also helps if you are mad :open_mouth:

up date.
I try to do something every day one I start a project. things move along that way.
So if its not to cold I will have a little go.
to day removed the foot brake valve as it is stuck. so is it TLC or big hammer time :frowning:
Now in the vice soaking in easy oil and see what can be done next week.
Oh I dont work weekends as I have outher things to ocupy me at weekends :wink:

windrush:

tractordriver:

You can get a boxed set of that amazon.co.uk/Original-Album- … B001P5VT68 :laughing:

Pete.

Like it!!! I should have seen that coming before I clicked the link. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

tractordriver:
up date.
I try to do something every day one I start a project. things move along that way.
So if its not to cold I will have a little go.
to day removed the foot brake valve as it is stuck. so is it TLC or big hammer time :frowning:
Now in the vice soaking in easy oil and see what can be done next week.
Oh I dont work weekends as I have outher things to ocupy me at weekends :wink:

Looking forward to seeing it finished, I don’t think a hammers necessary though. There’s only 2 things you need in your tool box. WD40 if it should move but doesn’t this’ll fix it. And gaffer tape,If it shouldn’t move but does this’ll do the trick. Best of luck with the project.

Yes, please keep us updated :smiley: . Was it one of Marshalls by any chance. :neutral_face:

Up date

Foot brake valve has passed its usefull life and may make a good door stop.
Also the aluminium casting that holds the brake peddal on is compleatly coroded away and in 3 pieces.

But I know a man who has a few Foden bits.
Known to the meany as Foden John
So a trip out to deepest Cheshire and low and behold a new foot brake valve.
along with a new aluminium casting to hold the brake peddal on.

So weather permitting new valve will be fitted and I can find out if the brakes will work.
As I now have the go it may be handy to have the stop. :open_mouth:

I also have a load of history about the wagon, so as soon as i have some time I will post some of it on here.

Looking forward to seeing it

Up date
well is running and it has brakes even drove it out of the shed today.
had a struggle to repair a blanking plate that was broken on the bottom tank of the radiator.
but I managed to make a new plate and fit it in situe. bit of a struggle but better than taking the radiator out. :open_mouth: