Foden export 4410

kerbut:

Pebbles 74:

MaggieD:

Bewick:
Do any of you Foden lads remember a new/newish 6 wheel tractor being “nicked” from a dealership in Bristol in the late 80s early 90s which must have been cut up and the Cat engine turned up in Austrailia.If it hadn’t been for the vigilance of a Cat salesman looking round this depot and noting the cat engine nos.which in this case denoted that this engine had been built in France for operation in the northern Hemisphere and was not spec’d for the southern hemisphere.He went back to his office and when he checked up he found that this engine had been supplied to Fodens! So there was a lot of “collars felt” apparently!! Bewick.

Hello Gents,

You are reffering to the Foden ‘Black CAT’, there was also a ‘Black CAT II’, not sure which was the one that was nicked? The cabs were Black with Silver signwriting - very smart looking outfits. I’ve Googled & found the following:-

the motor you refer to dennis,was registered b400 cat and that was the one that was stolen,i gather?that a plant operator in oz or new zealand rang cat for parts and gave the engine number and bingo!can’t recall ralph davies ever having one though?
regards andrew

Didn’t Ralph Davis have a Foden Black Cat once ,I seem to remember a driver being killed in it near Salamanca

pete 359:

kerbut:

Pebbles 74:

MaggieD:

Bewick:
Do any of you Foden lads remember a new/newish 6 wheel tractor being “nicked” from a dealership in Bristol in the late 80s early 90s which must have been cut up and the Cat engine turned up in Austrailia.If it hadn’t been for the vigilance of a Cat salesman looking round this depot and noting the cat engine nos.which in this case denoted that this engine had been built in France for operation in the northern Hemisphere and was not spec’d for the southern hemisphere.He went back to his office and when he checked up he found that this engine had been supplied to Fodens! So there was a lot of “collars felt” apparently!! Bewick.

Hello Gents,

You are reffering to the Foden ‘Black CAT’, there was also a ‘Black CAT II’, not sure which was the one that was nicked? The cabs were Black with Silver signwriting - very smart looking outfits. I’ve Googled & found the following:-

the motor you refer to dennis,was registered b400 cat and that was the one that was stolen,i gather?that a plant operator in oz or new zealand rang cat for parts and gave the engine number and bingo!can’t recall ralph davies ever having one though?
regards andrew

Didn’t Ralph Davis have a Foden Black Cat once ,I seem to remember a driver being killed in it near Salamanca

Thanks for that Andrew.Dennis.

dieseldave:

jimbotruck:

tetragaz:
hey jimbotruck

check this out mate, instuctions on how to post pics

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=35020

hope this helps, cant wait to see some pics of your foden
IIRC, the basic photobucket account is free, but with the option to upgrade to their “pro” account.

I’ve been on photobucket for over three years, they’ve never billed me, and I’m still able up or download, edit my pics and all the other features still work.

Honestly mate, it’s not such a hassle once you get used to it. :wink:

Hello diesel dave, have managed to get the photobucket bit sorted and upload some pics of the Foden, just need to work out how to get them from photobucket to here now, doh! bear with me mate and al put me mind to it and see if I can work it out.

what happened to the pictures ■■ i take it you did’nt sort it out then …

Not the Foden in question, but here’s a 4410 I saw last night

Hello. :laughing:

Black Cat 1

and again

Black Cat 2

Hope these are of interest.

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

jimbotruck:
Hi All , Im a newbie on here and wondering if anyone can help me out.

I have recently got hold of a Foden 4410, 4x2 tractor unit from Belgium and am trying to find out its History, year of manufacture (I think its somewhere around the 1991 mark) I am restoring this old girl as she is very rare indeed! For starters shes a left ■■■■■■ in light metallic blue with a 3.8 meter wheelbase, cheese wedge high roof cab, air suspension, air con, yes you read that bit correctly (fitted under the bottom bunk), air sprung driver and passenger seats, heated seats both sides, tinted windows, leccy windows both sides, webasto night heater and engine pre heater, air horns, sun visor, 5 orange marker lights on top of cab, twin fuel tanks, up right exhaust, alloy wheels, and the best bit, a 14 litre ■■■■■■■ 410, 3 stage jake brake and a proper 13 speed fuller box, and this is all factory spec! I am trying to to get this motor UK registered but been told I need a type approval number to do it, then take it for a first MOT test then it can be issued with an age related UK reg number. Am hoping someone on here can help me out with any info or indeed a type approval number for it. The full chassis number is SFN S104 TOMF 404605. Any info would be gratefully received, Thanks in advance, Jim.

Iam pretty sure but I dont think there is any certificate of comformity before 2004 you just need a parchel cert the dvla should be able to help and the type aproval number should be on the reg doc from what ever country its registered in

Could this motor be one of Friedericci (please excuse poor spelling)i used to load from them in Swiss in the early 90s and they had 2or3 of them supplied by a Kenworth dealer to replace some aging Kenworths a fellow i knew drove one and it went like stink.

phil the book:
Could this motor be one of Friedericci (please excuse poor spelling)i used to load from them in Swiss in the early 90s and they had 2or3 of them supplied by a Kenworth dealer to replace some aging Kenworths a fellow i knew drove one and it went like stink.

Hi Phil, its not an ex Friderici motor as they all had Cat engines in, also mine is metallic blue everywhere ( even behind the doorcards, under the cab, behind the grille etc ) which makes me think its the original factory colour. I too remember seeing a few of Fridericis Fodens at Embraport where I think they had a depot, If I remember right, they all had US style rear lights on them, the same as the Kenworths which I thought looked smart.

bowser:

Hi bowser, I aint sussed it yet, it just makes me brain start smoking when I try, have got em on fotobucket but cant work out how to get them from fotobucket to here. No doubt I will feel a real thick t**t if and when I ever work out how to do it!

jimbotruck:

bowser:

Hi bowser, I aint sussed it yet, it just makes me brain start smoking when I try, have got em on fotobucket but cant work out how to get them from fotobucket to here. No doubt I will feel a real thick t**t if and when I ever work out how to do it!

Haha look, I finally did it, woohoo!!

Good eh!!

That will look a cracker when its all done real nice old motor.

Hi,
I Found this one, one month ago, an ex Friderici with CAT and Fuller inside

Look in very good condition

Truck seems to be used for fairground in Geneva but was actualy near my town Neuchatel

Cheers

Ferdy

jimbotruck:

jimbotruck:

bowser:

nice one jimbo… :smiley: thats the one …

you going to do a diary of the rebuild ■■ it would be good if you could … :smiley:

Are you going to rebuild the scooter too? :smiley:

I remember a couple of those export Fodens Tony Gillier had 1 & so did Keith the Thief, I drove Keiths one once I think it had a 450 CAT in with a 13 speed behind it, fairly sure Tonys had a ■■■■■■■ in it, this was back in the early 90’s though so distant memories now, they where both dark blue & I think had been French registered beforehand. Good luck with the renovation & post the pictures as you do it.

Fly sheet

Will this truck be a toy or are you going to work it?

harry:
Will this truck be a toy or are you going to work it?

Hi Harry, it will just be for shows and road runs etc, but I may use it to pull the artic Horse Transporter I have occasionally.

toprun:
Hi,
I Found this one, one month ago, an ex Friderici with CAT and Fuller inside

Look in very good condition

Truck seems to be used for fairground in Geneva but was actualy near my town Neuchatel
Google Maps

Cheers

Ferdy

Hi Ferdy, thanks for the pic, do you know if Friderici still run any of these Fodens now, or have they all been sold on?

bowser:

jimbotruck:

jimbotruck:

bowser:

nice one jimbo… :smiley: thats the one …

you going to do a diary of the rebuild ■■ it would be good if you could … :smiley:

Hi Bowser, will try to keep the pics and info coming, not been doing much lately cos of work, next job is putting the clutch in, lots of polishing to do on the wheels and fuel tanks, still need to find an original Foden upright exhaust but am undecided if I should have one or two of them on, and I also gotta learn how to fiberglass, (cab corners and bumper) chassis needs sandblasting and priming, steering box is leaking, airbags are knackard, drivers door electric window regulator is poked, windscreen wipers not working, so plenty to do yet. Am sure I will find more to do as I go through it.