first gritting run...

…has started in my home town tonight in lincolnshire in november temp 10c :exclamation: :exclamation: 4 gritters working the roads, as i write this is now raining :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused: :unamused:

do they know something we dont or is it a “dry” run, they were actually gritting, flashing lights the works.

They were on the M77 yesterday about 2pm in the afternoon was about 8 degrees and torrential rain, thought whats the point will just get washed away.

Saw a snow plough on the A10 yesterday!

Saw one down here too today, loaded with salt. Nowhere Near freezing though. :confused:

never mind the first gritting run…

i saw a house in Livingston with christmas decorations up on the 1st of november… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

our first one out this morning was frosty

i got a 4am phone call from the agencie to go on stand by

Ours were out last month :smiley: we had a bit of snow for one day, now its gone again and forecast to be about 10c for the next week or so. Suposed to get 68mm of snowfall on the 16th though.

Funnily enough I read this thread before going to bed last night, so you can imagine my sheer delight when I received a call at 3am this morning asking me to go rescue a broken down gritter!
Anyway, as I’m laid on a wet road wondering why exactly I do this job I decided to ask the driver why he saw fit to spill his load on the highways and byways on a chilly but not icy night.
Apparently the council (Lincolnshire at least) demand that their contractors carry out a “dry” run prior to the season starting in full swing, and the forecast for this weekend is sub zero.
So that is why the ridiculous Santa bobble hats, mittens, and trucks have been dug out already.

There ya go, straight from the horses mouth. :wink:

Maybe a time trial, or to see how far they can go on one load, or to make sure they don’t get lost when they do it for real?

Local Tesco here have got Easter eggs on shelves! lol

Lincolnshire had a dry run last night, mind you it was 3 degrees this morning.

maoster who do you work for?

Cruise Control:
…has started in my home town tonight in lincolnshire in november temp 10c :exclamation: :exclamation: 4 gritters working the roads, as i write this is now raining :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused: :unamused:

do they know something we dont or is it a “dry” run, they were actually gritting, flashing lights the works.

Can beat that - last month, in pouring rain with a quite warm temperature on the A40 near the Hanger Lane Gyratory was a gritter actually spreading… :unamused:

i seeen them last week in liverpool town centre,though i think they were training as they wernt spreading and there were two in the cab and there seemed to be alot of explaining going on.

mikeyb:

PM winging its way to you. Saw Spooks last nite, you can’t be too careful you know!

the maoster:

mikeyb:

PM winging its way to you. Saw Spooks last nite, you can’t be too careful you know!

and you think a PM is safe :question: by the time you pressed SEND GCHG will of already read it :exclamation: :open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cruise Control:

the maoster:

mikeyb:

and you think a PM is safe :question: by the time you pressed SEND GCHG will of already read it :exclamation: :open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know what you mean CC, in fact it looks like the slippery devils have changed their name from GCHQ just to throw us off the scent! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: