Finding work after passing Class C

As some of you might of seen from previous posts that I’ve made I have been finding things hard on the job front. I passed my Class C on the 19th May and since then have been applying for all Class C jobs I could find within a reasonable travel distance from home. Even went down the route of registering with some agencey’s, still waiting for them to call back. :cry:

Long story short I went to our local enterprise start up with a view of setting up on my own. The guy I saw informed me that a local builders merchant had an advert for a Class C driver. I went down the following day and dropped off my CV and letter. At 7pm last night a lady phoned about my CV. It only turns out that she is a very good friend of the wife’s (our daughters were at the same nursery together. She does the accounts for this firm and her other half repairs the plant.

The upshot is I have a driving assessment at 10.30 this comming Tuesday. The best bit is that they would put me through my HIAB ticket as well. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: So fingers crossed that I don’t make a mistake on the day.

Good luck mate, hope you get your break. :slight_smile:

Oh what a day. The driving assessment entailed me being shown how the hiab works and given some delivery tickets. Yes that’s right I was out on the road on my own making deliveries. Not quite what I was expecting to happen, but who’s complaining.

Got quite lost on the first delivery, took me around a mile to find a spot to turn round, little country lanes. The rest of the run whent OK as things go, no more getting lost. I ran out of time due to having to hand ball a number of items off the truck. No pressure at all.

I can’t of done too bad as they asked if I wanted the job full time :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: I had to think about it for a couple of seconds. In the yard for 07.00 in the morning for a full day at it. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: HAPPY DAYS

Congratulations :smiley:

Sounds like a good job, good luck with it and hope all goes well :sunglasses:

Well done at landing the job :sunglasses: Have fun :smiley:

John.

well done mate, lets hope tis the building bricks to a great driveing life :smiley: :smiley:

Great news mate well done the Hiab course is easy (just common sence ) half a day classroom then half day practical and test .
just done mine and FLT . doing my cat C next wednesday at Atherton lancs 1015am .
best wishes Roy

Cheers guys for the comments, much appreciated :blush:

Yesterday was the first FULL day at it. A good day out on the road and no real issues, much. :unamused:
All the boring wages stuff has been carried out so looks that I’m even getting paid for the pleasure of driving, happy days :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

The firm looks like its up for the CPC stuff as well so I could get my last 7 hours in for my CPC, how good is that. It beats running large construction jobs in that there is no pressure with this driving lark. :sunglasses:

Onwards and upwards.