Fieldings

Got a memo this week saying that the TC had revoked there license.

Now not knowing much about O licensing and stuff i was wondering if anyone can give me some advice.

They are claiming that they are going to re-structure there management system and re-apply for there license on this basis. They have been banging out some memos reminding us of tacho regulations and all that kind of crap but they have not actualy done much in the way of OBVIOUS problems. Crap trailor maitenance crap unit maintenance, not knowing the hours you have worked, no training on the WTD or tacho regs bla bla bla…

What is the chance they can get there o license back? because i am worried that one day they will just say thanks but know thanks…

BTW the sale to Pete Osbourne has according to them stopped.

Spacemonkeypg:
Got a memo this week saying that the TC had revoked there license.

Now not knowing much about O licensing and stuff i was wondering if anyone can give me some advice.

They are claiming that they are going to re-structure there management system and re-apply for there license on this basis. They have been banging out some memos reminding us of tacho regulations and all that kind of crap but they have not actualy done much in the way of OBVIOUS problems. Crap trailor maitenance crap unit maintenance, not knowing the hours you have worked, no training on the WTD or tacho regs bla bla bla…

What is the chance they can get there o license back? because i am worried that one day they will just say thanks but know thanks…

BTW the sale to Pete Osbourne has according to them stopped.

start looking for a new job

Have they ceased trading/gone bankrupt yet then?

No we are still working and there is more than enough money so far as i have been told but im just wondering the chances of them getting there license back after its been revoked

:confused: if the o’license has been officially revoked neither you or anyone else can drive the vehicles that were on that license unless they’ve been placed on someone elses license! saying that, it’s quite easy to transfer vehicles, contracts etc to another o’license holder who has room in terms of vehicle allocation without any real disruption, which makes a mockery of the whole thing really.

personally I’d be looking for something else as paul b has said if the o licence has been revockd then you shouldn’t be driving any of there trucks unless theve been transferred to another òlicence how ever they could be operating under an interim authority while move job titles round and resturcture :laughing: management

It depends if the licence is revoked immediately of if there is a delay, say a week or two. If the revocation is immediate then the vehicles would be unauthorised for use and VOSA could impound any (and loads being carried) that they find on the road. The company could apply for an Interim O-licence but it would not be legal to operate after the old licence has been revoked and before the Interim issued.
By definition the employer of the driver is the Operator, unless the driver is a owner-driver, in which case he will be the Operator. Whilst you can transfer a vehicle from Company A to Company B, who pays the driver is the important bit. If you are still paid by A then the Operator needs to be A.
Unfortunately, it might be time to think about looking for another job. If things are that bad that revocation has happened, getting a new licence isn’t always straight forward. Usually no licence = no work

In the memo we recieved it stated that they are appealing the result so i dont know if the revokation is suspended untill the result of the the appeal?

What worries me more than anything is the fact that all the details about the supposed buy out by pete osbourne us drivers had to find out via commercial motor and not from the office! So if there lack of comunication in the sale of the company id anything to go by then i am bricking it for the the day they say that we dont need you anymore?

Which we leave a good 40+ drivers on the dole with no money!

They are spewing out all this info to try and reform/restructure the management toffs but is it too little too late. Rueben Fielding has now supposedly stepped down from owning the business (i have not been told this by the office but via the press). They are going to have a new director and commercial manager. The guy they have brought in has been running one of fieldings other business arms called status. While all the memos regarding tacho WTD laws and bla bla bla have been sent out there is a simple problem with that… The spelling (im no genius at spelling BTW) and grammer of the simple memo is not even right how can they get the o license and management right lol

I’d start applying for other jobs if I were you.

If an appeal against the TC decision is lodged within the allowed time with the Transport Tribunal, the revocation, or other action will be put on hold until the appeal is heard. Appeals have to be on points of law.

i’d stick with it and ride the storm, fieldings have got through trickier moments than this.

jessicas dad:
i’d stick with it and ride the storm, fieldings have got through trickier moments than this.

If they are really that dodgy that their O licence is in the process of being revoked and your assertion that '" fieldings have got through trickier moments than this " the only reason I would stick around is to pick up a big fat redundancy cheque if I had spent a few years there but there again if they are really that dodgy they would probably try to get out of paying that.

geebee45:
It depends if the licence is revoked immediately of if there is a delay, say a week or two.

according to Commercial Motor, the O licence is revoked from midnight on the 29th May. The company is to appeal.

you’ll have to box clever on this one, yes put out feelers for a new job; but as lready been said if you have been there since Noah was a lad then leaving would forgoe a nice juicy redundancy cheque. If you’ve only been there a few months then make job hunting a priority.

Good luck

ive only been there a year so out with the job paper for me

He’ll only get a redundancy check if they don’t deliberately bankrupt the company or unintentionaly go bump.

Denis F:

geebee45:
It depends if the licence is revoked immediately of if there is a delay, say a week or two.

according to Commercial Motor, the O licence is revoked from midnight on the 29th May. The company is to appeal.

you’d assume that the date of 29/6/06 is to allow time for an appeal and to decide on evidence provided wether or not that appeal should be heard.
strange that the firm would inform it’s drivers that they’ve lost their license the best part of two months before they’ll know it’s gone for sure?
i’d have thought thats the last thing they’d do unless they know they’ve no chance and intend winding up before that date.
not sure why so many link loosing the o’license to the firm going bust?

Passed one of Fieldings this morning on the M6, i noticed all the signwriting had been removed on the Green Scania, so something is on the cards then.

Also I thought Innovate was only interested in Refrigerated Companies, Fieldings arent in to Refrigeration are they ?

Strange too how they were in last weeks CM over the management change and then this week their license is revoked. I suispect that they know this may have happenbed and have a backup plan

The business can still carry on ( just look at Haydon Coulthard),just get subbies in simple!

Not sure on the following point :

Do you need an O’licence just to operate trailers ?

paul b:
not sure why so many link loosing the o’license to the firm going bust?

I would assume it is because without an O Licence they cannot operate the vehicles, which means they cannot generate income which would normally mean the end of the company, either by going bust or winding up.

but dosn’t mean they can’t sell on lock stock n barrel.