Ferry load new cars rosyth

coming home tonight about seven noticed the zeebrugge ferry still in port(normally goes at five),then i noticed it was not the norfolk line at all. :question:

being a nosey git i decided to take a run past, it was a cobelfreight ferry with a constant stream of brand new ford cars and vans running of it to a compoundwhich was already packed out with new fords

not unusual to see new mercs and volkswagens off the norfolkline running past my house on ecm carlisle transporters but first time i seen a whole boat full of fords

lots of work for someone :smiley:

anyone know about this :question:

no but do you remember the story of the freight ship that tilted in the sea to a certain angle and all the new cars on it had to be written off incase a fault developed later in their life as a result? From what I remember they had to physically smash to ■■■■ every single part in the motor so they could never be re-used :open_mouth:

… Or was that a load of bull someone fed me? :smiley:

i do!!! :smiley: :smiley:
atl(formally ansa logistics) who have the contract to move fords,have split the contract up.they apparently now do not deliver any cars more than 100 mile radius of their depot,any work greater than that distance is “subbed” out to pre chosen firms.fords are now coming in at immingham as well.so atl drivers can now pick cars up from more dock points and have a 100 mile area to cover from there.(ie rosyth can cover parts of scotland within that radius).

buck73:
i do!!! :smiley: :smiley:
atl(formally ansa logistics) who have the contract to move fords,have split the contract up.they apparently now do not deliver any cars more than 100 mile radius of their depot,any work greater than that distance is “subbed” out to pre chosen firms.fords are now coming in at immingham as well.so atl drivers can now pick cars up from more dock points and have a 100 mile area to cover from there.(ie rosyth can cover parts of scotland within that radius).

your right buck73 i saw a few of the scanias(blue and cream) today on way out dockyard and on m8 with fords on

had a look on the website they have a depot at mossend near glasgow so probably working from there :question:

cheers for info :smiley: