Felixtowe..new job.....advice needed :-)

HI

I have got a start with an agency doing containers out of Alconbury for Wincanton on nights. Having not done done containers for 6 years it will take a few days to get back in to things. What are the waiting times like for getting boxes swapped?. Is there any advice that regular Felixtowe drivers can give me?.

Also…
Has anyone worked for Wincanton out of Alconbury?. If so what are they like to work for and how many hours are night drivers working?. I have been told to expect 12 hour nights.

Laterz

Truckergeek

Felixstowe have a new system that is supposed to avoid the queues - you have a booking slot - personally never waited very long unless a ■■■■■■ has broken down by your box lol
cheers
Steve

take a good book or 3 if going to felixstowe and if op stack is in place then stop off before hand for food or drink…if you go into wincantons yard in felix make sure you got your hi viz on as they dont like you walking about without it…

felixstowe seems pretty good these days on the whole, with the vbs system.
just make sure you have the right numbers you need, when you get to the happy smiling felixstowe staff at the booking in window, they can be so helpful :unamused:

if you have a prob, and get sent to the tha, (temporary holding area) i find if you go in polite and friendly, most of the lads in there are good as gold, they could teach some of their co workers a thing or too.

Presumably you’ve got a Rhides card.