Container drivers wincantons whats it like

Whats it like on the containers at wincantons (as a tramper, pay and nights out)

I got same question.

I’ve had a few phone calls off them and an email saying they’re interviewing for the job I applied for next week on Tuesday and Friday, but I’m working both of those days on agency, so not sure whether it’s worth booking 1 off or not.

waynedl:
… not sure whether it’s worth booking 1 off or not.

Go for it, as Delboy used to say he who dares wins Rodney.

leigh13070:
Whats it like on the containers at wincantons (as a tramper, pay and nights out)

Pretty slow…!

leigh13070:

which depot? only I use to work for them .

I don’t know anyone working there any more, but some lads i’ve known enquired about work out of Alconbury, the pay was so bad they didn’t bother going for interviews.

Thats 3 years ago now, hopefully someone will be able to give you the current figures…its a right bugger if you have a day off and go to the expense and trouble of attending and all that form filling only to find out its paid as bad as Stobbies.

The best job on wincanton is the MSC charter if you can get on that contract…Min 4 ngts out 5 if you want. long hrs lots of POA lots of 40hc hanballs.all 3 15s 2 13s every week£550/630 in the bank most weeks.the best money is MSC holiday relief if you can put up with changing trucks every week and living out of a holdall this pays very good money for the industry…its not a job for everyone more a life style than a job i did ten years and there are a lot of good proper drivers working on this contract.cant comment on the day work or percentage contracts as never worked on those jobs

Richardf1fan:

leigh13070:

which depot? only I use to work for them .

May be Middlewich