Felixstowe info wanted

Been offerd a job working out of felixstowe container port can any body tell me how i go about booking in on vbs i will b subbing for DHL and WINCANTONS do i have to do the booking in of my containers this is all new to me please help :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The company you work for books all the box numbers on for you and they give you a VBS number. When you check in at the dock they ask for this number so that they can call the information up on their screen.

In short - you don’t book anything in

Beaker1976:
The company you work for books all the box numbers on for you and they give you a VBS number. When you check in at the dock they ask for this number so that they can call the information up on their screen.

In short - you don’t book anything in

when it works :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

In theory

have no fear , its dead easy, someone will show you the ropes theyre an obliging bunch :smiley:

If its too windy , it will be shut anyway :laughing: :laughing:
park up - feet up …

take a good few books or dvds when its windy

jayeastanglia:
take a good few books or dvds when its windy

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

thats an understatement … you could be there days.

Thanks for all your help guys. The last time i worked at felixstowe was 1999 to 2001 apart from vbs has there been many changes

Big β– β– β– β– :
Thanks for all your help guys. The last time i worked at felixstowe was 1999 to 2001 apart from vbs has there been many changes

its probably exactly the same,VBS has made no difference to the procedure at all apart from having to have one which you give to the checker before you book in.
you need to have a RHIDES card to go on the terminal also,if you dont have one you can get a temporary one from the Police station near Dock gate 2,but I think you an only have 3 temporary card before you have to get a proper one which your employer should sort out for you. :wink:

Your company will give you the vbs number something like 650234, i presume you know where the dock gates are :wink:

http://www.portoffelixstowe.co.uk/directions/images/Felixstowe-Colour.pdf

trinity south gate is next to centenary house on the map :exclamation:

When you turn up at trinity (langaurd doesn’t use vbs) someone will be there filling in a sheet containing your container number, vehicle reg, and they will ask you for your vbs.

You will then take the sheet to the counter and hand it over, the person behind the counter will then give you two sheets, one will be pink, telling you where to tip your empty, the other white telling you where to collection point.

Ask for a map at the counter, they contain all the info, you may well have D276 for example this will explain how to get there, but there are lots of signs as well :exclamation:

Go round to your drop point and park the same way round as everybody else :wink:

If you turn up with a skeleton, (trailer with no container) go the the gates on the far right at trinity and use the β€˜self serv’ tills, this will ask you for you reg, vbs etc, very self explanetary and easy to follow, you will then of course get just one sheet telling your where to go for your collection.