London gateway

I have a full box to drop off here today I was wondering who’s been here and how dies there system work ? Is it like Felixstowe ? From what I remember when I was out that way there’s 3 gates ? If so what one would I go in ?

Thanks

There are some very helpful chaps who will take you through everything from the front gate to the exit gate. Nothing complicated and it won’t be busy so plenty of time. Just make sure you have your VBS number before getting there or they’ll turn you away.

Thanks for that my boss hadn’t even got a vbs so I just asked him thanks

Made it in and out but there was so many drivers down there without a clue what to do as you need a card to swipe in and out and a lot if drivers hadn’t been issued one.

Was a new experience a lot different then Felixstowe Docks. Each crane has 3 bays and you have to reverse park in either one. Then you have to get out and swipe your card again and then wait outside your cab until the crane has lifted your box off.

Just so people know who haven’t been yet. And you must not park up anywhere on the side by the roadworks before you get in there. If you have no vbs it’s a nightmare because there’s no where to park to make a phone call so make sure you have a vbs

sorry to be really dense but what is a vbs■■?

Worzel:
sorry to be really dense but what is a vbs■■?

Vehicle booking system. Basically a number that carries the details of what box you’re dropping and picking up, and a specific appointment time

Typical, all that room and you can’t stop anywhere to scratch your arse, merchant bankers.

& you got to stand out in the rain while they lift your box off, great.

Sounds like the grain then

Silver_Surfer:
Typical, all that room and you can’t stop anywhere to scratch your arse, merchant bankers.

If you scratched your arse you would be kicked off site and never aloud to deliver there again :laughing: that’s what the outcome is if you park up anywhere outside within the roadworks

keebs26uk:

Silver_Surfer:

If you scratched your arse you would be kicked off site and never aloud to deliver there again :laughing: that’s what the outcome is if you park up anywhere outside within the roadworks

That’s good to know, the first time I get sent in there, I intend to get my self banned!

:laughing::lol: you could get banned by forgetting your hardhat because it has to be worn at all times wherever you are on the dock. You know there’s a lot that can fall out of the sky while on a dock miles from a crane

keebs26uk:
:lol::lol: you could get banned by forgetting your hardhat because it has to be worn at all times wherever you are on the dock. You know there’s a lot that can fall out of the sky while on a dock miles from a crane

EXACTLY! Just think if that 20footer above you were to fall from the lifter, imagine the damage with no hard hat on!!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

trubster:

keebs26uk:
:lol::lol: you could get banned by forgetting your hardhat because it has to be worn at all times wherever you are on the dock. You know there’s a lot that can fall out of the sky while on a dock miles from a crane

EXACTLY! Just think if that 20footer above you were to fall from the lifter, imagine the damage with no hard hat on!!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Yep it would sure hurt if you was 40 feet away. Funny how Felixstowe don’t have these sort of rules because they have everything else :laughing: