Feeling chuffed or what!

You know the feeling you got when you passed your HGV, especially the class 1? The walking about with a good buzz. I have got it again. I have just spent 4 days in Europe in an artic, and made it home in one piece. 12 months ago I was a real newbie in an artic, so I feel I have achieved something.
Went over Tuesday evening to Calais, did a drop the other side of Ghent, went up to Utrecht in Holland for my second drop, then back to Belgium for two pick ups.
I was really bricking it at the beginning, but after a couple of hours I got used to it and settled down. I had Tomtom with me so never got lost once, and with a gem of advice from Brit Pete about Belgian taxes, I never got into trouble. Really impressed with the roads and parking/overnighting facilities.
Met lots of nice helpful people, got my duty free at Adinkirke, and caught a ferry home last night. Can’t wait to do it again!!
How many times do I have to go before I am qualified to post on the Euro forum?

Nice one, Bilgepump!!

I’m glad you enjoyed it, it sounded great!

Bilgepump:

Qualfied now, I reckon!! Glad you enjoyed it.

Bilgepump:

Once. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done Bilgepump :smiley:

BILGEPUMP!!! Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Don’t tell these chauffeurs how good it is over there or they will all want to come over :laughing:

Glad you made it ok, mate and congrats. bet you can’t wait to go again lolol

Congrats Bilgepump, makes you wonder how people can do only UK work doesn’t it?? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Linux-user:
only UK work

We really should get that phrase added to the Auto Censor due to it being offensive and distressing. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

Linux-user:
only UK work

We really should get that phrase added to the Auto Censor due to it being offensive and distressing. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That’s easy for you to say :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

i went to lille on wednesday night via dover calais and came back ostend ramsgate thursday :open_mouth: were did they find them boats from. anyway i got stopped by customs so after a hour of where you been and were you going .sniffer dog. seach the cab every thing except body search :open_mouth: :laughing: they found sod all , so why me , and not the others eastern european trucks .what made me so different

Coffeeholic:

Linux-user:
only UK work

Couldn’t agree more hehehehehehe :wink: :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Welldone Bilgepump ,glad you had a nice trip, if you are again in belgium
try going to a ALDI–or LIDL for some beer and wine plus cheap sprits you may find it much cheaper than else where, and what about a litte write up on your trip mate, also one tripis enough to qualifiy ,how do you fuel up
as if you use DKV–UTA: WHEN FILLING UP at say TOTAL–FINA YOU can get a card where points make money for the driver, most fuel firms in BELGIUM OR HOLLAND have some sort of discount save system for the driver. and this goes for LUXEMBURG AS WELL WHERE if you fill up 1000liters plus you get double points,as well.

Well done mate. You must have pased your class 1 about the same time as me, so I know how I would feel making a trip like that . So once again, Well done, a real achievement.

innit:
i went to lille on wednesday night via dover calais and came back ostend ramsgate thursday :open_mouth: were did they find them boats from. anyway i got stopped by customs so after a hour of where you been and were you going .sniffer dog. seach the cab every thing except body search :open_mouth: :laughing: they found sod all , so why me , and not the others eastern european trucks .what made me so different

It looks like this was your first crossing through Ramsgate. If so, that’s why. They always give a Newbie, to the port (any port), a good going over. Its supposed to make you think they are on the ball, so you won’t take any chances in the future.

Bilgepump:

Your qualified mate. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Get posting.

innit, like simon says, first trip through and they want to check you out, make you think twice before taking part in any crooked goings on, i’m surprised that bilgepump didn’t get the same treatment, there is also the fact that you came back a different way to which you went out, this always bothers them for some reason, even the most experienced drivers will most likely get stopped doing this and when they ask you why you are coming back in a different route it’s almost as if they think you have a choice and no matter how many times you tell them that you were told to come back that way by the office, they still think you should know why.

well done bilgepump, qualified enough to have put this post in euro drivers forum.

Coffeeholic:

Bilgepump:

Once. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You can either be a virgin or you can’t. There is no middle ground :smiley:

Neil have you made him take the vow of secrecy about Euro work, otherwise every Tom ■■■■ or Mary will want to do it :stuck_out_tongue:

All I want for Xmas is a left ■■■■■■ with a twin-split on euro work… not gonna happen :cry:
Nice one Bilgepump, keep us all up to date. Enquire on the Euro forum for the best ways round the Mont-Blanc, it may be closed for ages again…

allikat:
All I want for Xmas is a left ■■■■■■ with a twin-split on euro work… not gonna happen :cry:
Nice one Bilgepump, keep us all up to date. Enquire on the Euro forum for the best ways round the Mont-Blanc, it may be closed for ages again…

that’ll be the frejus you mean allikat?
you can use the blanc but expect some delays and perhaps even a few closures as the locals were unhappy about it reopening to trucks in the first place, they’ll be livid about this.

marseille then up through ventimelia, nice views between the tunnels but one hell of a climb going into italy.

transit swiss if you have t forms made up.

transit austria but there is a night time truck driving ban (as per swiss) too.

trains from frieburg germany to como (i think)
over the brenner pass austria

and there is possibly a few other routes too via train.