Favorite truck stops

One of my favorite truck stops in Europe is the Gran Buffet in Cambrils, they have always had a web site, but had nothing on it, however that has changed at last, now it has links to all the different ways to eat there, and some good pics to let you see what the Buffet is all about.
website here Great for sea food :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Bloody good buffet there cheaper during the week than at the weekend but a favourite tip at the weekend is take the more expensive options you will not be disappointed.

Another little known tip close to San Sebastian either park in the pay parking just off junction 451 of the A1 (Lasarte-Oria) and walk back over the motorway or park at the Campsa just after junction 450 if coming back north and walk out of the parking to the bridge, you will now be in the same place as when you walk from the parking, follow the road towards the town and turn left at the Chrysler garage follow this road for about 7 minutes and just before you get to a petrol station on the left there is a junction with a road going to the right, on the corner of this junction there is a little bar in the ground floor, the food is excellent, cheap and the plates are big and well filled a bit of a walk but you will not be disappointed.

jimti:
One of my favorite truck stops in Europe is the Gran Buffet in Cambrils, they have always had a web site, but had nothing on it, however that has changed at last, now it has links to all the different ways to eat there, and some good pics to let you see what the Buffet is all about.
website here Great for sea food :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Deffo 1 of the better ones around :smiley:

There was a realy good fish restaurant on the outskirts of Aveiro we used to use.

The old English womans place in Kyato harbour, Greece or theres a restaurant over the Corinth Canal I seem to remember with fondness!

The Routiers at Flacey on the N10, France. (canard to die for lol)

… or maybe ‘The Cabbage Patch’ LMFAO

zebadee:
or maybe ‘The Cabbage Patch’ LMFAO

John have you been partaking of illegal substances â– â– ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Got to agree about the Grand Buffet, that illuminated knife & fork always acted as a magnet to me and unless I was running very late I’d always stop for a meal then slip back onto the 340 for the run south, very rarely went that way north as we normally loaded Valencia so Teruell was our usual route home. (no memorable stops on that route)

Even though the place wasn’t exactly ‘The Ritz’ I always thought the food was superb at the Contixa station at Sunbila and very rarely drove past without stopping for a ‘bocadillio lomo’ whilst having the tanks filled.

Ross.

VAS you have pm :wink:

theres a restaurant over the Corinth Canal

Was it called theBrussels,owned by French people,popular with French drivers.Handy for Athens,on way down from Patras and on way back to ferry?

maverick72:

and you have one back :laughing:

welshphil:

theres a restaurant over the Corinth Canal

Was it called theBrussels,owned by French people,popular with French drivers.Handy for Athens,on way down from Patras and on way back to ferry?

can’t remeber the name but I do seem to recall that they spoke French

Vascoingles:

maverick72:

Can I have one :wink:
How come your post count is so low Paul?

jimti:

Vascoingles:

maverick72:

no you bloody well can’t :laughing:

why is my post count so low ? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :unamused:

I tend to stay away from here having tired several years ago after an incident with someone who thought he was only person on this planet to have been any further than Moscow, to the extent that he soon shut up when I scanned and posted the visas of places much further down the road, after that I just could not bothered and now only post if I see something where I think my input may be useful.
Quite often not even then but if asked I will answer anyone on anything if I know the answer.

But then again as you know I know very little

Vascoingles:

jimti:

Vascoingles:

maverick72:

no you bloody well can’t :laughing:

why is my post count so low ? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :unamused:

I tend to stay away from here having tired several years ago after an incident with someone who thought he was only person on this planet to have been any further than Moscow, to the extent that he soon shut up when I scanned and posted the visas of places much further down the road, after that I just could not bothered and now only post if I see something where I think my input may be useful.
Quite often not even then but if asked I will answer anyone on anything if I know the answer.

But then again as you know I know very little
[/quote]

Oh how very true lmao :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Same here mate - never been further South than York :open_mouth: :sunglasses: