Extra pay

Why do some drivers think they should be paid more money for working new years day etc when they are on a full time contract which states an hourly pay regardless of day
Do they think they’re employer who has contracts with his customer is going to charge more for bank holidays etc , is he heck!
I fully understand agency drivers etc getting enhanced rates for these days as its not full time employment
I know this will get the usual response , but not all hauliers’ are big blue chip company’s and I bet they struggle to earn anything on the days that trucks have to have drivers in them on enhanced pay just to keep the wheels rolling so to speak
Full time drivers have the benefit of job security and 30 days paid holiday

joebloggs:
Why do some drivers think they should be paid more money for working new years day etc when they are on a full time contract which states an hourly pay regardless of day
Do they think they’re employer who has contracts with his customer is going to charge more for bank holidays etc , is he heck!
I fully understand agency drivers etc getting enhanced rates for these days as its not full time employment
I know this will get the usual response , but not all hauliers’ are big blue chip company’s and I bet they struggle to earn anything on the days that trucks have to have drivers in them on enhanced pay just to keep the wheels rolling so to speak

New years day isn`t a bank holiday :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: case closed.

37 hr week 36 days hols and no bank holiday or weekends.

That does me just fine.

You keep thinking that mate, I bet your boss lurrrves you with an opinion like that.
You crack on bud. :wink:
We should all think ourselves lucky we are employed eh?

robroy:
You keep thinking that mate, I bet your boss lurrrves you with an opinion like that.

I think you’ll find he is the boss and he doesn’t like his drivers wanting more pay for working bank holidays :grimacing:

I’m quite happy on my £8.50 an hour for all hours worked , pays the bills and gives me 4 foreign holidays a year, I just love driving big foden trucks … You only need to earn a lot of you spend a lot remember that!

joebloggs:
I’m quite happy on my £8.50 an hour for all hours worked , pays the bills and gives me 4 foreign holidays a year, I just love driving big foden trucks … You only need to earn a lot of you spend a lot remember that!

you can do better than that troll :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

tachograph:

robroy:

I think you’ll find he is the boss and he doesn’t like his drivers wanting more pay for working bank holidays :grimacing:

Ha ha , My boss has got the worst car in the car park , we all have nice motors and he drives round in an old van

truckerjimbo:

joebloggs:

you can do better than that troll :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yep pretty feeble attempt at trolling, blew it totally on the second post and the 3rd post was just random. :laughing:

Mainly because they weren’t born yesterday, didn’t arrive on the last banana boat and haven’t got anything rude written across their foreheads. :unamused:

Getting a bit slow here, must be all the Christmas beer hazing my brain, didn’t realise he was a fisherman, and boy did I bite :laughing:

robroy:
Getting a bit slow here, must be all the Christmas beer hazing my brain, didn’t realise he was a fisherman, and boy did I bite :laughing:

I probably would have bitten as well, but by the time I read the thread he’d posted the bit about being happy with £8.50p/h although it was the Foden bit the really swung it for me. :laughing:

joebloggs:

Wow…And this is why we’re all being slowly shafted in the race to the bottom!!

As Rob says your boss will love you. !

Are you actually a driver or a troll??

I know, why don’t the better off amongst us volunteer to pay our bosses to drive their trucks!!!

Happy days … NOT!!

Butcher:

joebloggs:

Wow…And this is why we’re all being slowly shafted in the race to the bottom!!

As Rob says your boss will love you. !

Are you actually a driver or a troll??

I know, why don’t the better off amongst us volunteer to pay our bosses to drive their trucks!!!

Happy days … NOT!!

I’m going to get slated here (why do I do this :smiley: ) by the bling addicts, but a guy at our place has 5k (was told this figure whether it is accurate I don’t know…or care tbh) worth of bars, lights and all sorts of crap on his co. truck.

Some would say that it is only one step away from what you suggest. …the step in between those two would be buying diesel and tyres I reckon.

Taking cover under the table. :laughing:

Easy answer to this one, don’t run.

Driver gets valuable time with family, lorry doesn’t run at a loss due to having to pay correct premium rates for premium time.
Everyone wins.

When the shelves are empty and the factory grinds to a halt through lack of just in time deliveries, they’ll soon pay the rate that makes it pay for the transport which in turn pays the driver the correct rate.
Everyone wins.

If Johnny Foreigners are the only ones doing the job because they are prepared to operate their vehicles for peanuts and their drivers prepared to work for nothing, bloody let them.
Brit drivers put feet up, Brit lorry stays parked during the hols, the roads turn to bloody carnage as we know they will and do (but maybe the public need to see what happens in real life), question get asked in the house of ill repute, eventually people elect someone with some ■■■■■■■■ to push through a real Brexit, and normal service resumes.
They can only dumb it down so far.
Everyone wins.

new years day ill be on £39 per hour bepending how long im at aldi darlington for :unamused: quick tip and it will go up from £39 :grimacing: and its only me thats working all my other days are off till tueday :grimacing:

Juddian:

Do you really believe that Juddian.
There are still many boys in suits with loads of hare brained ideas…a bit of ‘Blue sky thinking’ to take …‘‘The logistics industry to the next level’’ and such ■■■■■■■■. :unamused:
You’ve heard em also mate, I’m sure.

To give this subject a bit of substance, let’s widen the scope…

To pay for enhanced pay rates, you would expect the charges to the customer to go up? After all the transport company is making a special delivery on a special day.

What about shop workers? Should they be paid extra for working Sundays? Bank Holidays ?
Should the shop than adjust the price of goods on those days, to pay for those enhanced pay rates? After all, the shop doesn’t have to open during weekends or bank holidays…

Are you willing to pay extra for a pint of milk on Sunday afternoon?

There’s a bridge missing its troll somewhere…

robroy:

Juddian:

Do you really believe that Juddian.
There are still many boys in suits with loads of hare brained ideas…a bit of ‘Blue sky thinking’ to take …‘‘The logistics industry to the next level’’ and such ■■■■■■■■. :unamused:
You’ve heard em also mate, I’m sure.

I live in vain hope old mate, maybe when the next downturn comes these useless sods in their non jobs will get hoofed out on their arses, they won’t be missed.
I heard a classic from our own office from a shiny bum with delusions of self grandeur greasy pole climbing, we has a serious problem which caused major headaches, his comment ‘‘think of it as an opportunity’’ go on i dare you to comment on that comment without a single curse :smiling_imp:

Sooner or later when the smelly stuff hits the fan enough, or the victims are important enough…not my own opinion or belief or wish but we both (all should) know that’s how the real world works…questions will eventually have to be asked, who they get to give them the answers they want to hear is when we will know.
More electronics more spying/surveillance and less actual skills required or taught can only go on so long.

Maybe i’m living in cuckoo land, hardly surprising we’re not all going gaga with all that’s gone on, but once you’ve reached the finish line of the race to the bottom , then up can be the only next choice.

I am going to compose a letter to Ma’am Bell, ref training partly ref that young lad sent out half arsed untrained to take fully loaded bloody 8 wheel tippers down steep hills relying solely on the brakes to control speed, as taught and approved by our training industry, itself under instruction from above…and endorsed and backed up by box ticking pedant (not all) assessors on some blue chip operations who have swallowed the propaganda hook line and sinker…and don’t even mention the utterly unfit for purpose DCPC.
It probably won’t do a scrap of good but someone who has been around and done it for a good while has to say something in the right shell like.

Double pay for all bank holidays here…I get paid twice as much for sitting in less traffic because Mr [zb] and Mrs [zb] ain’t out clogging the roads up.

Should I get paid extra for bank holidays,yes I should I’m a professional driver.