Xmas additional shift bonus payments

22nd-24 dec
During this period any driver working a 6 th shift ( 8 hrs min) will receive a bonus payment of £50- equivalent of £6.25 extra per hour for 8 hrs worked.
Just makes you wonder how they can say there was no money or very little in pot for a decent pay rise :unamused:

So if you do a 12 hr shift you’ll get a extra £4.10 per hr and even less if you do a 15,and that’s if you do 6 days that week!
Also you can almost guarantee they are charging the customer well over £50 extra for this premium delivery date :laughing:

that’s almost double your hourly rate dozy

My lot usually do double bubble when they are proper desperate and work 9hrs get paid 12hrs or work 12hrs get paid 15hrs when they are a wee bit desperate.

xichrisxi:
So if you do a 12 hr shift you’ll get a extra £4.10 per hr and even less if you do a 15,and that’s if you do 6 days that week!
Also you can almost guarantee they are charging the customer well over £50 extra for this premium delivery date :laughing:

I won’t be doing it , I do enough hours as it is ( and were told that today when they rang me ), still think it’s a ■■■■ take , where’s all this spare cash suddenly come from

war1974:

Bet it is , should be put on hourly rate , not a bonus for a month or so

war1974:

:laughing:

What a daft complicated way of paying barely any more than usual…

Why not just get the regular drivers to do their normal bits, and offer the spare shifts out at whatever rates THEY get to everyone else?

We’re supposed to still have a glut of drivers rather than jobs after all. Christmas should make no difference.

These dumb pay rates smack of "Let’s take the ■■■■ out of the Union/Regular Fulltimers/Regular Agency bods/Drivers actually doing the work. :stuck_out_tongue:

“A manager is someone who makes something bad look like it’s something good, and something good look like it’s mythical.”

What I think Dozy`s company is saying is, they will get what ever hours they work PLUS £50 bonus,providing they do 8 minimum,not that hard to work out surely
Was never paid extra for working up to Xmas Eve,only paid extra if I worked on the statutory bank holiday days ie double time and a day in lieu or treble time Xmas day or Boxing day and New Year

How many of their drivers will be on their 6th shift between Tuesday and Thursday? Or have I miss read his post completely?? :confused:

You beter on here?

pertemps.co.uk/jobs/40510085 … park-royal

Job Summary

Reference: 405100857
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: £17.52 - £19.89 per hour
Date Posted: 10/28/2015
Job Description

CALLING ALL CLASS 1 C+E DRIVERS!! DO YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES?

A flexible and positive attitude to the job - duties can sometimes change at short notice

Be prepared to work regular weekends

The ability to receive instructions and stick to the duty detail given.

A polite and friendly manner while at delivery and collection destinations.

Always be punctual and in good time to start shifts.

We are now looking to register drivers ASAP to work from our location in Park Royal.

The ideal Class 1 Driver will hold the following skills and experiences:

Maximum 6 points for minor offences

Previous HGV Class 1 experience of at least 18 months.

Digital Tacho Card with knowledge of how to use it.

Benefits:

Subsidised canteen at many sites / depots

Friendly Onsite Team

24 hour out of service available

Reg weekend work

Excellent facilities on site with subsidised canteen

Stakeholder Pension Scheme

Regular ongoing work

Flexible start times to suit your life style

Site inductions and training provided

Driver coaches for support and advice

Stick your agency advert up your arse Immigrant.

Contraflow:
Stick your agency advert up your arse Immigrant.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hard to digest rates of £20 per hour when others are happy to work for £8 PH

You’ve mistaken my disdain for Immigrant posting spam as jealousy.

£20 an hour isn’t anything to shout about when you consider it’s in London, definitely weekends, probably nights and unfortunately agency. :unamused:

Weekend Rate is same as weekday

Weekend Rate is same as weekday. But its also just if worked over Mitnite.
And,comming late to Work is not an Option. They have Spare Drivers,and you will be sent Home without Pay.
For that you drive a Shainy Red Daf :bulb:

The £50 is an extra payment on top of your overtime rate. 12 hours x £13 ish per hour on a Sunday = £156.00 + £50 bonus.

£200 plus for a days overtime. Nov 23- Dec 24. Nice, put me down for it.

Contraflow:
You’ve mistaken my disdain for Immigrant posting spam as jealousy.

£20 an hour isn’t anything to shout about when you consider it’s in London, definitely weekends, probably nights and unfortunately agency. :unamused:

the rates are 24/7 contraflow. and not limited to London.

Dozy Dozy Dozy the £50 quid starts in november till xmas and it is ontop of what you get. When i do an extra shift now a do 10 hours at £9.33 ph so i get 93.30 not the best i know.so then i will get £143.30 for doing 1 collection and 1 delivery.Time you add on the £15 meal allowence if you want thats £158.30 for spending most of the shift doing nothing and i am lucky if a drive 4 hours.

Colin_scottish:
Dozy Dozy Dozy the £50 quid starts in november till xmas and it is ontop of what you get. When i do an extra shift now a do 10 hours at £9.33 ph so i get 93.30 not the best i know.so then i will get £143.30 for doing 1 collection and 1 delivery.Time you add on the £15 meal allowence if you want thats £158.30 for spending most of the shift doing nothing and i am lucky if a drive 4 hours.

I know Colin it’s on top of your normal o/t payment , but my point is where has the cash suddenly come to fund this Xmas bonus payment , there was none in the pot when it was pay rise time !, what did he say if we give you £10 p.h we will be bankrupt within a month !!,and nearly fell on the floor at the suggestion of paying £10 p.h to the drivers .
If you’re skint your skint , not when it suits you.
Anyway they can shove it ,and quoting the contract has fallen on deaf ears with me :exclamation: :question: :question: :question: