Extender Question

Last week I went to load a chimney section at 14m long so opened the trailer up 1 hole so it would sit superb.

Then another kid came out and says that we need to leave room at the back of the trailer, because the plan was to lift the chimney from one end on site (headboard end), so it sat on it’s base on the back of the trailer to lift off upright and into position.

Now the base was 1.5m square, and would mean opening upto 15.5/16m for them to do this.

As far as I’m aware this is ■■■■■■■■, and after much deliberation and crap from the people loading, it was loaded at 14m, lifted off on site and uprighted on the ground.

Am I right in thinking that you could possibly get done for this?

A grey area and highly unlikely if you were only carrying the one item, but would I want the whole weight of chimmney sat on the end of my trailer while they faffed about trying to up-end it :question: , no thanks. Think of the damage to the chassis and floor it could do :confused: , and potentially a whole can of H&S and insurance worms to be opened if the lift went ■■■■ up, just because they wanted to save themselves from doing an extra lift :unamused: :grimacing:

At 14m I wouldn’t bother opening the trailer and would run with the overhang. Obviously I am assuming you have a 13.8m(45ft) trailer, but even a 40ft trailer would only leave a metre overhanging.

It’s to do with the stupid brackets that they support it on while being transported, or else I’d have done the same :smiley: