Experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would a company like transam , redburn or fly by nite take me on with no tramping experience have held licence for 20 mnths and have been on wagon and drag and im 25■■ hope u can help i have had a breif look around on here but couldnt find anything! Thanks guys! :sunglasses:

What is tramping experience? Im a tramper just means you sleep in your cab. They wont care if you have tramped or not.

fly by nite wont go near you till youve had your licence for 2 years

dunno bout redburns

EST is 2 years again

transam would put you out on double driving

Sorry danny yeah i knew what tramping was, what i meant to say is like spending 6 weeks away from home thought maybe some companys may not touch you unless you Had spent time away,
Thanks Gogz any ideas on how to get intouch with transam? i have messaged matt but not heard anything back as i know he works for them, and is it year round work with them?

mozzer44:
Sorry danny yeah i knew what tramping was, what i meant to say is like spending 6 weeks away from home thought maybe some companys may not touch you unless you Had spent time away,
Thanks Gogz any ideas on how to get intouch with transam? i have messaged matt but not heard anything back as i know he works for them, and is it year round work with them?

nope its not year round work, you only get paid for when your away, ill pm you a number, matts pretty busy right now dont think hes on the net much to check things, plus im sure he gets loads of people asking him the same things about the job so prob ignores most of them.

Ok i kinda gathered that to be honest sort after job i suppose, everyone wants it but it takes a good character to get it and carry on with it! Thanks for that Gogz Really appreciate that mate!

i filled in an app form for transam about a year and 3/4months ago never heard anything back though at the time was 22 and passed the week before!! might try my luck again at some point in the future. Good luck with it :smiley:

Now I’m not having a pop at you, but why exactly do you want to go on the rock tours? I can see the attraction, smoking around Europe & beyond in a top of the range truck, going to gigs etc etc, but it’s not all play, it’s a lot of work, a lot of driving through the night, a lot of maximum driving, minimum break, maximum driving, a lot of the time you’ll be two up in the cab, then you get to the venue & it’s all work again, not like the old days where you’d be sharing a spliff with Robert Plant. Then when all the tours finish you end up like Gogzy, shunting in Tescos on a 12hr shift, now that’s gotta be really hard to do after all the rock tour stuff, kind of like living with a model all summer then ending up with some fat bird with three different coloured kids in a council flat in Doncaster, I don’t know if I’d want to go through highs & lows like that, personally I’d go on the conference circuit, or try to at least, that’s got to be more permanent :wink:

you dont know until you try, I have a mate who got an assessment with fly by nite a couple of weeks after passing his test, he didnt get a job but the fact they gave him an assessment means they must look at people with less than 2 years on their licence.

newmercman:
ending up with some fat bird with three different coloured kids in a council flat in Doncaster. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Ahh! So that,s why you went to the States is it ,nmm? :laughing: :laughing:

newmercman:
Now I’m not having a pop at you, but why exactly do you want to go on the rock tours? I can see the attraction, smoking around Europe & beyond in a top of the range truck, going to gigs etc etc, but it’s not all play, it’s a lot of work, a lot of driving through the night, a lot of maximum driving, minimum break, maximum driving, a lot of the time you’ll be two up in the cab, then you get to the venue & it’s all work again, not like the old days where you’d be sharing a spliff with Robert Plant. Then when all the tours finish you end up like Gogzy, shunting in Tescos on a 12hr shift, now that’s gotta be really hard to do after all the rock tour stuff, kind of like living with a model all summer then ending up with some fat bird with three different coloured kids in a council flat in Doncaster, I don’t know if I’d want to go through highs & lows like that, personally I’d go on the conference circuit, or try to at least, that’s got to be more permanent :wink:

LMAO couldnt have said it any better i think, though tbh going from that then doing the normal thing in the winter is quite easy if you understand that before you take the job you are garunteed 0 hours and to keep the £ rolling in you still have to drive.

as for top of the range trucks…not with transam, as mat has said before it is close to poverty spec, yes you get air con but thats the only reall luxury you get

yes there is alot of max hour driving and minimum rest between things but i just see the sense of adventure and stuff rather than the job. never once has a famous person made me go all OMG ITS BLAH BLAH BLAH

a couple of festivals last year i met paulo nutini and his band, all we did for those 2 festivals was slag each other because of where we were from. all good banter in the end so really you just gotta keep a level head and think that those famous people are just any other person otherwise folk will get pee`d with you.

You did get hard perving over Katy Perry though mate :wink:

garnerlives:
You did get hard perving over Katy Perry though mate :wink:

well do you blame me? she does have a very very nice bottom

These companies won’t really touch you unless you know someone.

I pull a lot of Transam trailers - Every last one of them are ■■■■■■. It’s the type of job where it helps to know a bit about the events industry.

I.e what is a get out/get in?

As an example, I do a little work alongside flybynite and it’s all mega concerts and it’s more of a roadie job than delivering to a RDC.

It’s a great job to have, but it’s VERY long hours. As an example, I took a trailer from Glasgow - Newcastle recently, thing did the bouncy bouncy the whole way, got to Newcastle, picked up a Transam trailer from a theatre in the early hours, drove the thing down a tiny lane and woke up everyone when turning at the end because the suspension was [zb]. I worked 28 hours that day.

It’s not uncommon to do 90+ hours a week and it’s more than just a driver - I can assure you.

Average week with these companies is 4 days. It’s really not that good and it sure aint all that glamarous!

stagedriver:
These companies won’t really touch you unless you know someone.

I pull a lot of Transam trailers - Every last one of them are [zb]. It’s the type of job where it helps to know a bit about the events industry.

I.e what is a get out/get in?

As an example, I do a little work alongside flybynite and it’s all mega concerts and it’s more of a roadie job than delivering to a RDC.

It’s a great job to have, but it’s VERY long hours. As an example, I took a trailer from Glasgow - Newcastle recently, thing did the bouncy bouncy the whole way, got to Newcastle, picked up a Transam trailer from a theatre in the early hours, drove the thing down a tiny lane and woke up everyone when turning at the end because the suspension was f*cked. I worked 28 hours that day.

It’s not uncommon to do 90+ hours a week and it’s more than just a driver - I can assure you.

Average week with these companies is 4 days. It’s really not that good and it sure aint all that glamarous!

that is true if your the actual tour driver, if your just a double driver then you are just a driver really, though long shifts of 20+ hours do happen and sometimes alot of waiting around does happen, longest wait for me was from 4am till 2pm before we actually moved anywhere and by that time the italian sun was out in force,

also driving through france at 3am when its still 32 degrees outside is something youd have to get used to all over europe.

ive done weeks where you drive one day a week and spend the rest of the week doing nothing and also tours where your driving solid for 5 days driving from sofia up to milton keynes back to paris then onto a festival in germany where we got 2 days off…i ended up camping in a tent next to the truck lol, beats shelling out 50 euros for a hotel room and 20 euros on a taxi plus catering was rather epic at that festival.

also driving a lefty over here is alot easier than you actually think, you just have to think about what your gonna do more than you normally would. just watch when you get back in your rhd car once you get home froma tour…i nearly ended up in a ditch about a minute after leaving my house lol.

Having read through that, it strikes me as somewhat normal circumstances for any european trucking? I can remember all sorts of similar days.

And the Katy Perry man wash your mouth out lol shes only a bairn

Lonewolf Yorks:
Having read through that, it strikes me as somewhat normal circumstances for any european trucking? I can remember all sorts of similar days.

lmao shes 28, im only ickle at 24

Lonewolf Yorks:

There’s a formula for working out the minimum acceptable age for a girlfriend before you become a kiddie-diddler, and that is “half your age plus seven years”.

Too young for me obviously, but you should be OK if you are no older than 42. :wink:

Buycrider:

newmercman:
ending up with some fat bird with three different coloured kids in a council flat in Doncaster. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

No the rumours about the white kid being mine are untrue, in Doncaster at least :wink: :laughing:

Harry, I use a different formula, I have a 21yr old son, so 7 yrs older than that is my rule, so Katy Perry, if you’re reading this, it’s your lucky day girl :sunglasses: :laughing:

newmercman:

Buycrider:

newmercman:

No the rumours about the white kid being mine are untrue, in Doncaster at least :wink: :laughing:

Harry, I use a different formula, I have a 21yr old son, so 7 yrs older than that is my rule, so Katy Perry, if you’re reading this, it’s your lucky day girl :sunglasses: :laughing:

she seems to like unfunny junkie {zb}s really dont know why but whatever floats her boat