???Experience???

How is a Newbie suposed to get experience, when it seems knowone is willing to give a newbie a chance, even though I have 20yrs driving experience and passed my LGV first time with flying colors■■? :confused:

I think that is what the agencies are for - kept me busy and still only 6 months in… … Only come across one employer where I could have taken a full time job off them, but hours did not suit… …

… … met a guy at Exel BHS the other day who said he had applied to 90 companies and none would take him without 2 years !!! Bit of a “Chicken and Egg” situation !!

G

would somebody have trouble getting a job nowadays who has got 12 years experience class 1 a lot of that on general and steel work but not drove now for 3 and half years. do most of companies want recent experience now

rayprice:
How is a Newbie suposed to get experience, when it seems knowone is willing to give a newbie a chance, even though I have 20yrs driving experience and passed my LGV first time with flying colors■■? :confused:

hi ray

dont think its a matter of experience mate,think it depends on the time of year you apply

they’ll be snapping your hand off soon :wink:

Dave L:
dont think its a matter of experience mate,think it depends on the time of year you apply

but ATM it quiet everywhere