Exeter

Anybody stopped at The Exeter Inn at Clyst Honiton before?
Looked on the hgvparking site, it says 15 quid to park, but I think it’s a bit dated, sure I heard somewhere it’s more.

So basically how much is it, what’s it like, is it good bad or average, food ok, beer ok, and what do you get all in for your payment.
Cheers people. :wink:

Rob , don’t forget about the low bridge at Ottery st Mary Just off A30 on old A30 if coming that way

I’ve parked there a few times over the years although not recently,
If you’re eating there make sure you’ve got a box of Imodium in the cab!

Website says 20 quid. I think I’ve been past it in a car, can’t say what it’s like

blue estate:
Rob , don’t forget about the low bridge at Ottery st Mary Just off A30 on old A30 if coming that way

Low bridge?
Map back in truck, but can’t recall a bridge, how high?

Ok, so coming off the M5 at j29 for A 30, which way from there?

robroy:

blue estate:

Low bridge?
Map in truck, but can’t recall a bridge, how high?

Ok, so coming off the M5 at j29 for A 30, which way from there?

Low bridge is Honiton side , so wont affect you unless heading that way

Grumpy_old_trucker:
I’ve parked there a few times over the years although not recently,
If you’re eating there make sure you’ve got a box of Imodium in the cab!

That’s some review mate. :laughing:
Did you just have the one bad experience, or a couple of times when you were there ?
So basically you’re saying don’t bother in your opinion?

It’s just that the last few times I parked in a lay by at Exeter down a side back road, with a pub right opposite.
The food and drink were spot on but bloody expensive, so I thought I may as well park somewhere where you pay, and get part/all your meal paid for all in. :sunglasses:
Any positives anyone?

Ask a grown up to show you how to get Google Maps on your phone, and how to search for pubs…

The reviews on Google maps say £18 including a meal and a pint. There is another pub next door, which may not charge for parking.

I live minutes from it, leave M5 at jnc 29 take a left and follow for science park, you’ll pass a pub on your left called the black horse if you continue along the road and down the hill it’ll be on your right, truck parking is behind the layby and pub is on the corner of the main road. I’ve always used Malcolm’s pub for food drink and it has always been fairly priced good grub but mind you it has been a yr or 2 since I’ve stopped in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the nodding donkey:
Ask a grown up to show you how to get Google Maps on your phone, and how to search for pubs…

The reviews on Google maps say £18 including a meal and a pint. There is another pub next door, which may not charge for parking.

Why would I ask a grown up when I can ask you. :wink:
Love the way you can help and insult somebody simultaneously, it’s a talent. :smiley:
…Thanks anyway.

UselessForce:
I live minutes from it, leave M5 at jnc 29 take a left and follow for science park, you’ll pass a pub on your left called the black horse if you continue along the road and down the hill it’ll be on your right, truck parking is behind the layby and pub is on the corner of the main road. I’ve always used Malcolm’s pub for food drink and it has always been fairly priced good grub but mind you it has been a yr or 2 since I’ve stopped in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that mate. :wink:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

Why would I ask a grown up when I can ask you. :wink:
Love the way you can help and insult somebody simultaneously, it’s a talent. :smiley:
…Thanks anyway.

I was born this way.