Exeter central parking

Wonder if any of you chaps could throw me a bone here…

Got a bit of a queer weekend job, drive down tomorrow afternoon and park up (got a couple of nice spots i usually park), delivery first thing saturday morning and then again sunday morning. Problem is I’ve got an entire day to ■■■■ up the wall so ideally wouldnt mind a jolly round exeter city centre. Where the heck would one park an HGV within walking distance of exeter centre?? I’ll only be in a rigid but youre barely allowed to park your ■■■■■■■ car in a city centre these days…

Any thoughts…?

Cheers
Chris

Park on the industrial estate down by Sainsburys. If you was coming on the A30 from Bodmin it’s the last turn off before you get to the M5. If coming from Cornwall you would get to the bottom of the slip road, do a left, through a set of lights and at the next set where Sainsburys is on your right do a right, go under the bridge and past Go Outdoors and park on the estate there.
There are little side roads running off it too and walk back to the main road and catch a bus into the city centre. Mind you I think it’s only about a 10 min walk.

Legendary mate cheers! I’ll forward the parking ticket onto you squire :grimacing:

I’m assuming on a saturday every ■■■■■■ and his dad wont have their car parked on the industrial estate…

:grimacing: I’ve stopped there about 5 times in the past never any bother, admittedly it was about 18 month ago when I last parked there but I can’t see you having any problems.

Just had a look at my map pal and it’s the A377 into Exeter you want and as I said through one set of lights, take a right at the next set where Sainsburys is on you’re right, past the retail park with Go Outdoors on under the 16 foot bridge ( you should get under that I’d have thought) and park anywhere on the estate.

That’s absolutely mint mate cheers! I’ll be about 13’ summet so no bother.

Thanks again mate.

That’ll be a good spot as its a big estate and then a short bus ride into town or a 15 min walk just a shame all the uni students have gone home for the summer :cry: also there’s a pub just up from Sainsburys on the A377.

I’ll keep an eye out for that mate ta!

bald bloke:
That’ll be a good spot as its a big estate and then a short bus ride into town or a 15 min walk just a shame all the uni students have gone home for the summer :cry: also there’s a pub just up from Sainsburys on the A377.

Not bad scran in there too. Been a couple of times.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

bald bloke:

Seven stars or something along those lines I think.

bald bloke:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

bald bloke:

Is the estate called Barton Hall ind estate or something along those lines?

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

bald bloke:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

bald bloke:

Marsh Barton.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

bald bloke:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

bald bloke:

Marsh barton treacle :laughing:

Failing that you could always park on the lorry in Exmouth and have a day at the seaside

Where did you end up parking up pal?

Maybe a bit late now, as you are more than likely sorted, but where you turn right at the lights there is a pub near there called the Seven Stars, and further up a Maccy D’s where you can get a latte and use the bog if you are weekended.