ex company

i handed in 1 weeks notice to a old company and finished on saturday 26/6/10,i worked there since 28/10/09.
during my time i had no problems with my wages as we good paid by bacs,my weeks lie time was due in bank today 1/7/10 when phoned the company i got told a cheque will be sent out once my digital tachograph was downloaded the company have the facility to download the vecihile on site which holds the same data as my card,
is the company in the right to do this?

curly:
i handed in 1 weeks notice to a old company and finished on saturday 26/6/10,i worked there since 28/10/09.
during my time i had no problems with my wages as we good paid by bacs,my weeks lie time was due in bank today 1/7/10 when phoned the company i got told a cheque will be sent out once my digital tachograph was downloaded the company have the facility to download the vecihile on site which holds the same data as my card,
is the company in the right to do this?

Yes, they still need to download the driver card to keep their records correct. Although they could give you the cheque when you take your card into the office.

What does your contract of employment say?

Many moons ago when I left BTS I had a similar thing, even did a friday night out, got back to the yard Sat an handed back all there kit ppe uniform straps ect, and even offered to change and give them the uniform I was wearing which they said they would rather have back washed.
Well the next friday expecting all wages and overtime + 12 days accrued holiday pay went to the hole in the wall for some brass to be told no funds available. :blush: :blush:
Phone call Monday whilst on my way down the road on new job gets told there is a cheque for you in the traffic office which you can collect when you hand in the uniform you owe us, so it is the next sat morning before I can do this, then the cheque dosn’t clear till the following friday, which left things tight for paying the bills at the time :angry: :angry:
However revenge was sweet as 3 months later by error they paid into my account another drivers wages, it took 3 months, and a few letters before they got there brass back :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: