wages

Who do I get in touch with about a company who try to keep your wages handtrans who I worked for owe me £675 and they won’t pay me saying I owe them for training etc I haven’t got a contract or anything stating that I haven’t a contract at all there I did a week driving on the dock with a other driver there saying I owe money for that lol its all on my tacho what ours and days I did so who do I ring to try get my money back

Did it say anything anywhere about having to repay training? I.e on the advert, during the interview, any handbooks, anything at all?

No I was ment to sign a contract but it never come about

Have a careful read of anything that they gave you in writing Sam. As Kjw say’s, specifically check for anything that may mention repayment of training cost’s.

In the absence of any, the company cannot keep hold of wages owed for ANY reason.

Contact CAB for further advice, I am sure however that they will advise you to write a letter to the company explaining that you have done ■■ hours work for them at a rate of ■■. You will also be wise to explain on the letter that you have nothing in writing from them authorising them to withhold any of your funds due, and you would like to be paid at the earliest opportunity.

Close the letter with a polite thankyou, and mention that if the funds are not received in the next 14 days, you will take them to small claims court which will incur further costs upon them.

Let us know on this thread how you get on mate.

I haven’t been given any paper work of any sort off them the only bit of paper I’ve had is wage slip that’s it I had a abs lead brake on me and there trying to say I have to pay for that to

They are just trying it on mate.

Keep cool and send the letter. Drivers need to stand tall and not put up with this kind of ■■■■■■■■.

eagerbeaver:
They are just trying it on mate.

Keep cool and send the letter. Drivers need to stand tall and not put up with this kind of ■■■■■■■■.

+1

Unfortunately to many push overs around though.

I won’t be fobbed off sod that I’m not that type of bloke

Unfortunately mate this is standard practise from these companies at the arse end of the industry who are mostly working for poor rates in the first place meaning the only way they can make a ‘decent’ profit for the directors is to pay crap money then use every trick in the book to penny pinch. I’ve heard of other companies having such things as a ‘paperwork’ bonus which is regularly not paid due to incomplete or poor paperwork. Other pie in the sky bonuses are also on offer and regularly not paid out for spurious reasons made up by the TM on the day… It’s all designed to appear to be good money but in reality they have no intention of letting you earn the ‘potential’ £30+k a year they advertise.

They’re all at it mate… They’ll pay up if you stand your ground. Go and see them personally they’ll shrink in their seat and ■■■■ themselves. If not you know where their yard is and all the codes to the gates and key shed…fI’ll your boots!!!

samledger1212:
I won’t be fobbed off sod that I’m not that type of bloke

Sorry I didn’t mean you mate

No I no what you meant pal