Evicted from operating centre - err..... what do i do now?

Hi lads - just received notice that my operating centre is to be ‘re-developed’ and that i have to bugger off by March. Whats the score with the authorities - phone calls are met with a complete indifference and lack of knowledge.
Seriously, getting quite worried - do i have to cease trading because i dont have anywhere to park the truck or what? I have tried (and succeeded) in running squeaky clean and dont want to screw it all now.
Any input gratefully accepted - even the funny ■■■■■■■!
If i dont respond quickly - its cos i’m in bed or working.
Cheers.
Tony

I think you will find the TA will give you a certain amount of time, depending on circumstances to find alternative O centre.
But I would tell them, then your 1 step ahead. In case someone try’s to make it hard for you.

assuming you’ve got a new operating centre, you need form GV81 - Application for major changes and an advert in the local paper

downloadable forms HERE

Thanks for the replies guys - The problem is that i can’t find anywhere to park.
I realise that i have to re-advertise etc but there is is nowhere around here where i can stand the truck. As it is mostly working 24/7 (apart from Sundays) and does’nt actually get parked, can i just take anything as an operating centre? Where i live is highly residential so WTF do i do?

kwaka:
Thanks for the replies guys - The problem is that i can’t find anywhere to park.
I realise that i have to re-advertise etc but there is is nowhere around here where i can stand the truck. As it is mostly working 24/7 (apart from Sundays) and does’nt actually get parked, can i just take anything as an operating centre? Where i live is highly residential so WTF do i do?

where are you based ?

I assume you paid some rent for your present operating centre? If so can’t you go round haulage companies and ask if you can operate off their site for a rent?
Some might be greatfull for the extra income espeiclly if they’ve had to reduce thier fleet.
The centre we use has 3 different operating licences, I know this as I had to declare them when I applied for ours.

muckles:
I assume you paid some rent for your present operating centre? If so can’t you go round haulage companies and ask if you can operate off their site for a rent?
Some might be greatfull for the extra income espeiclly if they’ve had to reduce thier fleet.
The centre we use has 3 different operating licences, I know this as I had to declare them when I applied for ours.

has the workshop that does your maintenance got any spaces ? you might be able to do a deal !

Denis F:
where are you based ?

Someone on here may be able to help but without the location… :unamused:

Try the local farners if there are any. Also nothing like parking at your maintenance providers!