Edward Stobart Funeral

The ■■■■■■■■■■ News
The city businessman, who transformed the Eddie Stobart haulage company from small-time agricultural contractor to trucking giant, died of a suspected heart attack last week, aged 56.

The father-of-six sold the business — now part of the stock exchange-listed Stobart Group — to younger brother William and his business partner Andrew Tinkler in 2004.

He and wife Mandy were living in Warwickshire at the time of his death. But it is in ■■■■■■■ where he will be laid to rest.

Taking place at Carlisle Cathedral, hundreds of family, friends, work and industry colleagues and Eddie Stobart followers are expected to attend the funeral. Roads around Castle Street, St Mary’s Gate, Fisher Street and Market Street are expected to be closed to allow the funeral cortege to access the cathedral at 11am.

The service, which starts at 11am, will be broadcast on a large screen outside the cathedral with a small display of Stobart tractor units, where everyone is welcome to watch and pay their respects. The cortege will then leave the cathedral for a private burial.

An area outside the cathedral will be set aside on Saturday for anyone who wishes to lay flowers.

Might take a wander down like as the cathedral is round the corner from my gaf. Pay my respects, done alot for this city.

Made more of an impact on Transport than I ever will. RIP

A film is being made about his life, I’ve seen the trailer.

mike68:
A film is being made about his life, I’ve seen the trailer.

Sorry, couldn’t resist it.
was the trailer being towed by a stobart unit?

Respect RIP

a [zb]ing legend.
i wish i could be there.

Is it on TV?

I will try to find BBC ■■■■■■■ on iPlayer

Pics in new topic