Stobart struggling haulier

I know there was a recent post similar to this but this article is a couple of days old.

news.sky.com/story/struggling-h … n-11831017

images.jpeg-27.jpg

Still putting adds out there. Here’s one stating they are looking for interest in the Norwich area.
indeed.co.uk/viewjob?cmp=Ed … iver&vjs=3

Not good this,
For all the stobart bashing that goes on and most of it is well deserved,but as far as general haulage goes Eddie stobart was the best general haulage job Iv ever had,pay was a bit more than other West Yorkshire general haulage firms,trucks were good and work was clean,you were given good quality uniform and plenty of it too and office were ok…
This was in 2006 and I was made redundant on medical grounds in 2008 and I was handled badly.
Since then Iv seen the demise a lot of my mates left in fact I don’t know anyone still there,the trucks are in a shocking state on the road,never would a truck be allowed out with white panels and damage when I was there and every other driver is not in uniform so obviously agency,
A sad fall from grace after the original owner did a good bit of work it give the industry a good name.But I believe even when Edward was at the helm financially things weren’t perfect

I don’t have sympathy for the company with all the the smaller hauliers they’ve put out of business over the years with all their undercutting, but I have sympathy for drivers and other staff who will potentially lose jobs here.

So let’s be hypothetical here, Bank shut them down, lots of attendees looking for jobs, so pay will stagnate, big companies looking for hauliers, the big rate cutters will Hoover the work up amoung themselves, re-employ the attendees, and the auditors will blame brexit.

They will be taken over by someone else, you won’t notice any difference

elsa Lad:
They will be taken over by someone else, you won’t notice any difference

Wincan’ton
Marmite
D wHat the heLL
KinkyA :laughing:
Downhill
Gregorys

I can’t honestly see them disappearing

Say worst happens and they do. Tesco shelves will soon be empty. People will be on Twitter. Country will come to a stand still.
People call.us drivers but as soon as they realise shelves will be empty people will all of a sudden.be needing us.
And then be people calling for the government to step in.

Same as they did when Thomas cook went bust.

Nothing to do with the government just because a company is loosing money not the governments fault as such
Yes tax n rates maybe don’t help bit still.

I got phone call from lp ( there agency ) & told
From Monday hourly rate goes up from £11 ph
To 13 ph & 3 free polo shirts
So not sure how being apparently millions in
Debt ties in with £2 ph pay rises !!!’n

Rowley010:
I don’t have sympathy for the company with all the the smaller hauliers they’ve put out of business over the years with all their undercutting, but I have sympathy for drivers and other staff who will potentially lose jobs here.

See that’s strange , when I did chilled I did regular collections
From customers , you get to know
Them and a lot said stobarts were far
From the cheapest rates , but if you
Needed a extra lorry , stand trailer etc you’d
Get one

Does anyone else notice a large amount of Stobart trailers have that red panel pushed in which runs alongside the trailer where the bars normally are. What’s causing this?

they will be invisibly absorbed by others unknown at this date.
nobody will notice a difference,nobody will care with the exception of a few cabbages that wont get shifts,or if they do,itl be at a reduced rate.
the work will be swallowed by other major players who will most likely just keep the rates repressed the same as stobarts do.

ArcticMonkey:
Does anyone else notice a large amount of Stobart trailers have that red panel pushed in which runs alongside the trailer where the bars normally are. What’s causing this?

That was Sobtarts attempt at improving airflow under trailer.

Rowley010:

+1
I hate Stobarts and their superior attitude, but I have a good mate on there and feel sorry for him and the other ‘proper drivers’ among them if the situation goes completely ■■■■ up.
If you have a combination operating policy of keep cutting rates to the bone to get work , and then employ ■■■■ whits to plan, and so many inept retards to drive your trucks it is eventually going to bite you on the arse cheeks.

robroy:

Rowley010:

+1
I hate Stobarts and their superior attitude, but I have a good mate on there and feel sorry for him and the other ‘proper drivers’ among them if the situation goes completely ■■■■ up.
If you have a combination operating policy of keep cutting rates to the bone to get work , and then employ [zb] whits to plan, and so many inept retards to drive your trucks it is eventually going to bite you on the arse cheeks.

I agree you’re only going to get away with that business model for so long before the cracks begin to show, we’ve just seen what a mountain of long term debt will eventually do to a business with Thomas Cook
The final straw was the £2 million “accounting error” I’m interested to see the outcome of any bidding war between DBAY and Mr T this could get bloody

Don’t know if it’s connected but seen alot of plain white mercs pulling stobarts in the last couple of weeks

Won’t get bloody. After a couple of cross fingered hand shakes and a wipe of a couple of aprons it will be split down the the middle.
Just saying like :smiley:

Beau Nydel:
Won’t get bloody. After a couple of cross fingered hand shakes and a wipe of a couple of aprons it will be split down the the middle.
Just saying like :smiley:

Hmmm thinking about it that wouldn’t come as a surprise, in fact one wonders if this wasn’t carefully engineered from the outset
You never know especially where big financial interests are at stake

A couple of years back, my agency had me and several other drivers doing ongoing work for Canute. Suddenly and without warning they pulled us all out. About three weeks later Canute went ■■■■-up.

This Autumn, the agency had myself and several other drivers working for Stobart. A couple of weeks ago, suddenly and without warning they pulled us all out…