Eddie Stobart dead

just seen on bbc news on internet at age of 56 eddie stobart died today

have you got a link? cant see anything on there

Must be true, there’s a statement on the website. Its Edward, son of Eddie the founder though. No fan of the organisation, but always sad to see none the less so sorry to hear it.

got it here

Also not a massive fan, but you can’t knock his accomplishments.

RIP Eddie

Like him or not 56 is no age to die RIP

waynedl:

RIP Eddie

the big un:
Like him or not 56 is no age to die RIP

Agreed, to both comment’s

Didn’t he develop the haulage side of the company while his father continued with the other parts?

RIP Eddie

Whatever anyones personal opinons of the company, the man did well to get it up and running and then expand it

Sad to see him bowl out at 56 - few people will achieve his level of success over a 20 year period - though Stobart is still a lot smaler than Wincanton Logistics . R.I.P .

I guess we can look forward to something like this then?

youtube.com/watch?v=acz_GW54 … re=related

On the same day that Widnes Vikings got their Super League licence.

R.I.P. Eddie, our thoughts and prayers are with the family.

44 Tonne Ton:
I guess we can look forward to something like this then?

youtube.com/watch?v=acz_GW54 … re=related

that would be a nice tribute so someone who had such a big effect on the haulage industry , whether people liked him or not you have to respect him for his achievements .

RIP Eddie , 56 is far too young

There will be a tribute this sunday at Wembley when Carlisle Utd play Brentford in the JPT Final, Stobart has been club sponsor for 16 years. Will affect this area more than others due to him being a local lad.

Slightly ironic that Eddie Stobart’s life was limited to 56. (I can’t claim credit for this joke, I stole it off twitter)

Oh, and RIP and so on.

He ran out of hours! And I will take the credit for that!

R.I.P. I have witnessed on several occasions the help and kindness Mr Stobart displayed to his workers and their families. Very sad news.

mjbaron:

waynedl:
R.I.P. Eddie, our thoughts and prayers are with the family.

R.I.P . A real gentleman .