EDDIE STOBART

Hello all im new too this forum,i would just like too ask all the opinion on eddie stobart what they are like too work for they are starting too get very big over here in ireland was thinking about trying them for a job…■■? :smiley: ill be glad of any advice…!!

cheers…

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome fullofthepipe :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics & avatars, How to use quotes, Driver CPC, and much more…

fullofthepipe:
eddie stobart what they are like too work for

There was a thread on this a while ago - I will try to find a link to it

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31018&start=0

Thanks for that ROG it was very helpful…!!!

stobarts

jessicas dad:
stobarts

I had just copied the link to that one from the FAQ forum and was about to post it when…

They’re doing very well financially, having today posted a £23m profit for 2008, up from £3.5m in 2007. Suppose that means they’re fairly safe job wise, although they must surely still be integrating the bits of Innovate that they took on…

Fullofthepipe = Stobart?

Don’t think so… more like 40 mph…

Why the 40mph cant be that bad…??can they…■■

It’s the speed limit for trucks in the UK on single carriageway roads. And the Beans do stick to it! I’m sure Stobart would want you to do the same in Ireland. And your fuel economy would be watched closely too.

Think of it as a job where they will have a policy and a procedure and a performance target on how you do a ■■■■. Everything you do is tracked, monitored and you will just be another number.

See what your saying now breaker but at the moment it’s better than been at home…!!

I know what you mean lad.

What part of the country are you in?

if they so concerned about fuel economy why does it appear their trucks are not limited to 56 mph :question: , every single one of their trucks that has ever over taken me on a motorway has passed me like i’m parked up, and i’m limited to 56 mph :exclamation: :confused: :confused: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: .

You of thought if they want to keep fuel usage down they keep top speed down as well, or is 4mph neither here or there on MPG :question:

On the motorway it really doesn’t make that much difference. Time is also money too… them lads trunking stuff from Glasgow need something with decent poke so they don’t get caught in the 56mph limiter trap not being able to pass anyone getting stuck behind someone just a bit slower than yourself…

My old truck used to do 61… never had a problem!

pecjam23:
if they so concerned about fuel economy why does it appear their trucks are not limited to 56 mph :question: , every single one of their trucks that has ever over taken me on a motorway has passed me like i’m parked up, and i’m limited to 56 mph :exclamation: :confused: :confused: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: .

You of thought if they want to keep fuel usage down they keep top speed down as well, or is 4mph neither here or there on MPG :question:

I used to pass them all… and I’m no even driving an Irish wagon :laughing:

… Stralis, so that explains it :sunglasses: bout the only thing good about them motors

Breaker One-Nine:
On the motorway it really doesn’t make that much difference. Time is also money too… them lads trunking stuff from Glasgow need something with decent poke so they don’t get caught in the 56mph limiter trap not being able to pass anyone getting stuck behind someone just a bit slower than yourself…

A friend of mine has just taken his truck for m.o.t & it failed because the limiter was set at 92 Ks,so how do stobarts get away with it…?

164480:

Breaker One-Nine:

A friend of mine has just taken his truck for m.o.t & it failed because the limiter was set at 92 Ks,so how do stobarts get away with it…?

Taken fromthis topic on overspeeding

geebee45:
OK I’ll admit that I’m confused as to why so many folk in the UK get vexed about overspeed on digital tachos. If the overspeed report says you were doing 94 km/h for 2 minutes why should I care? Now, 94 km/h for 10 minutes is a different matter as that tends to indicate that the speed limiter is / was defective, don’t think there are many ‘10 minute’ hills in the UK.

What’s said about the ‘over speeds’ if someone get pulled for routine :question: :question: As the way i’m reading that you cant free power above 56 mph full stop no if’s no but’s :question: :question: :confused:

Taken fromanother topic on overspeeding

geebee45:
The legislation governing digital tachograph fitting and use (1360/2002) says that the overspeed trigger point will be set to the maximum authorised speed of the speed limitation device for that class of vehicle. For most trucks the set speed of the speedlimiter will be 85 km/h, the vehicle is allowed to ‘free power’ to 90 km/h. The ‘overspeed warning’ trigger will be set to 90 km/h.

The trigger speed can only be set using a Workshop Card (calibration centre) if the overspeed trigger is set higher than the legal value, the vehicle will be issued with a a Prohibition Notice.

So now i’m confused how they or any other trucks for that matter appear to be going faster than 56mph on MOTORWAYS (just to make that clear) somebody will be along shortly to clear this up. :confused: :confused: :smiley:

So can trucks legaly do 60mph then on a MOTORWAY for the whole journey on m/way with out getting their knuckles wrapped :question: I know this has been beaten, flogged to death before but i’m confused now :confused: :confused:

Breaker One-Nine:
It’s the speed limit for trucks in the UK on single carriageway roads. And the Beans do stick to it! I’m sure Stobart would want you to do the same in Ireland. And your fuel economy would be watched closely too.

Think of it as a job where they will have a policy and a procedure and a performance target on how you do a [zb]. Everything you do is tracked, monitored and you will just be another number.

i think you need to get your facts right pal we normally go in get our notes and wagon and were away they never ring me i dont ring them unless ive got a problem its true about the iso track they will look at that if there waiting for a load back to see were you are. as a job its 1 of the easiest ive ever had nearlly new wagons decent trailers not expected to run bent the pay is average not the best but not the worst the dont expect you to speed for the sake of 5 min they rather you be late then have an accident and waste more time and money. all in all its a good job with a decent employer if you can get a start go for it got to be better then sitting at home

I travel at 40 mph on single carraigeways mate and as i’m paid by the hour i could’nt give a crap about the queue behind me either!
Must say though when i do,my fuel economy goe’s up a lot as well,i also travel at 85 kms on motorways as since my tacho was replaced the speeds been altered to 54 mph,so even more money in my back pocket now it takesme just a little bit longer.

Stobbies took over the TDG Ireland operation
thats why they seem to be getting big

i’ve heard somewhere that they leave their lift axles down, even when empty.