Stobart - Then and Now

Truck & Driver magazine is interested in talking to current and former Eddie Stobart employees about what it’s like to work for Britain’s highest profile road haulier.
We’re especially interested to talk to people who’ve driven for Stobarts under both the new and old regimes.
Full confidentiality is assured. Please contact dave.young@rbi.co.uk or phone Dave on 0208 652 3682
and leave a contact number.

Either noone has, or noone wants to admit it…?

Or they have been told :THEY are forbidden to speak to the press,■■

give it time, the post only went up monday, stobarts drivers are usually tramping all week so i don’t think you will get anything until saturday at the earliest.

brit pete:

I wouldn’t think so, they are very good to work for and have been in fleet focus type stuff before.

TK Dave:
Full confidentiality is assured. Please contact dave.young@rbi.co.uk or phone Dave on 0208 652 3682
and leave a contact number.

Or send him a PM through TNUK.

Dave is a good friend of TNUK and whilst recently there has been a degree of negative feedback towards the ‘journalistic profession’ in general, none of us here at TNUK would even consider that he falls into that type of category.

Ive been out for the last fortnight and only just seen this post dave I work for Stobart and enjoy the job. Ive only been there since last april/may time so cant really comment on past times with the tie and all that nonsense :laughing: .
Im on a walking floor job doing the benelux and although a bit more variety would be nice its very easy work, the equipment is top notch and the conditions are good. Im not on £1000 per week but im comfortable on what i get. Horses for courses i suppose-earn loads but be unhappy... or earn a fair european wage average and be content in my job Itll take a fair bit for me to move from this job…(this is the bit that`ll come back and bite me in the bum in a few years time :laughing: :laughing: )
Regards Jon

brit pete:

Yes pete :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: … And we HAVE to carry a bible… and donate half our wages to the mormons :unamused: :laughing: and eddie and norberts helicopters crashed into each other… blah blah blah :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As a wannabe driver…
Once I have my C+E licence. :smiley:
Eddie’s will be one of the doors I will be knocking.
I don’t know much about the old Eddie’s so can’t comment on that aspect but judging by what I have read about the current Eddie’s then it is pretty good.

Forgot to add… :blush:
Not just because of JB’s reply but because I have been doing a lot of research on companies to approach once I have passed my c+e.

JB:
and eddie and norberts helicopters crashed into each other… blah blah blah :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ah, nostalgia. It must be three months, at least since, I heard the helicopter story. I kinda missed it. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

And don’t forget that ferry they were supposed to be buying, to compete with Nobbie’s ferry…because Nobby set the mafia on them in France to stop them getting any work over there… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

And the fact they now own Carlisle airport.(True fact.)

Ken.

Quinny:
And the fact they now own Carlisle airport.(True fact.)

Ken.

You must mean “eddie stobart international airport” ken :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Thanks guys, and especially to Krankee for that professional endorsement

ive worked for the agency out of wakefield and ive found them … thats the management and drivers an extremly friendly helpful bunch.
if i was to go tramping again that is the first place i’d go. and ive found all depots the same.

I remember all the rate cutting stuff and the animosity from the eighties. Many a truck stop loo wall was peppered with vitriol graffiti about Stobart’s, along with other stuff I won’t relate!
I read Hunter Davies’ book ‘The Eddie Stobart Story’ and very interesting it was too. E.S. seems a complex character, like many of us I suppose.

Anyway, I’m largely out of touch with haulage these days , having a cushy ultra local job, does he have any depots withi n 20 miles of mancunia ? should I fancy a change. I reckon I could earn more money.

fox

What an interesting discussion. Let’s hope that other Stobart members joins it in. :laughing:

JB:

brit pete:

Yes pete :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: … And we HAVE to carry a bible… and donate half our wages to the mormons :unamused: :laughing: and eddie and norberts helicopters crashed into each other… blah blah blah :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That’s wot I heard! :wink:

jessicas dad:
ive worked for the agency out of wakefield and ive found them … thats the management and drivers an extremly friendly helpful bunch.
if i was to go tramping again that is the first place i’d go. and ive found all depots the same.

I would agree with JD I have worked out of Wakefield for them through agency.

I had heard all sorts of crap but was well impressed with the whole setup…One word of caution would be if you want 8 hour shifts then Eddie is not the man for you :wink:

Personally I am happy with long hours as long as the pay is reasonable,trouble is I fell out with agy so me and Eddie parted company. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Would go back there with another agy though anf have applied for a job as well.