Eddie stobart - tesco depot. widnes

Hi all, am a first time user of this forum and just wanted to know the following…
What is the current hourly rate for Eddie Stobart…?
Read an entry in 2008 on this forum saying between £7.20 - £7.40, is this really true…?
I’ve been off the road since '96 and am looking to get back into it again.
Ave been on Stobarts website and they’re advertising for drivers at Widnes for Tesco’s - expiry date 31/05/10.
The advert states ‘competative rates’.
Is £7.20 - £7.40 ‘competative’, not too sure myself - but in this current economic climate I gues ‘owt’s better than nwt’, thing is Exel Somerfield at St.Helens were offering £10.00 an hour in 2007 on days…
Thing is I don’t own a digicard either so will have to shell out £38.00 before I even fill the form out as if you don’t fill this section in they’ll bin it - I rang’em and checked!
Any info. would be appreciated.

:blush: :blush: double post. see below. :wink: :wink:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p … 12#p693743

Webbo, click on that link, and you should find the info you want.

dustylfc seems to work (or did) at Widnes depot, so should be able to help you. Good Luck

ps.I have sent you a pm.

dont know about widness ,but our is a chilled depot.
7.20 p.h 6 a.m-6 p.m
8.10 p.h 6 p.m-6 a.m
5.00 p.d ops bomus
12.15 p.d meal allowance
00.oo sat-3 p.m sat 9.50 [+bonuses]
3p.m sat-6 a.m sun 11.00 [+ bonues]
6 a.m sun -00.00 sun 10.50 [+bonus]
b/h 11.00 [if you do 6 hrs you get 66 pounds], no gar 10 hrs so im told
do 8.5 hrs sun , take half hour dinner off you and you get
8x10.5
2x 7.20 [ you get the gar 10 hrs ,but the 2 they give you are at mon-fri rate.
ive seen them with my own eyes so i know its not ■■■■■■■■ and theres a fair few of ours in the mid 30k,s ,day drivers ,not trampers,1 was night shift driver
there has been a payrise or paycut dependent on who you believe for certain parts of stobarts, ive a idea of figures but jase, or dessy would be better than me to answer that one

Webbo:
Hi all, am a first time user of this forum and just wanted to know the following…
What is the current hourly rate for Eddie Stobart…?
Read an entry in 2008 on this forum saying between £7.20 - £7.40, is this really true…?
I’ve been off the road since '96 and am looking to get back into it again.
Ave been on Stobarts website and they’re advertising for drivers at Widnes for Tesco’s - expiry date 31/05/10.
The advert states ‘competative rates’.
Is £7.20 - £7.40 ‘competative’, not too sure myself - but in this current economic climate I gues ‘owt’s better than nwt’, thing is Exel Somerfield at St.Helens were offering £10.00 an hour in 2007 on days…
Thing is I don’t own a digicard either so will have to shell out £38.00 before I even fill the form out as if you don’t fill this section in they’ll bin it - I rang’em and checked!
Any info. would be appreciated.

hi mate i worked out of appleton warrington did concider applying for widnes but there are no mon-fri shifts going, but if its fridge work i may still, driving for stobarts earned me a wage and most work was easy, i always had problems with planners and certain attitudes towards drivers, most tesco staff were ok but again some were awkward i dont no anythink about the widnes side of things yet am still tryin to find out some more info. you defo need a digi card, but if your a little worried to get back into driving am also working casual for a company who dont give you an actual driving assessment as stobarts is the full assessment but still not difficult, the company were looking for casual drivers work is easy and possible fulltime work if your face fits. somerfield is now co-op and there own drivers dont no there fate yet. iceland in warrington pay good hourly rate but through agency i think, all depends on were you live etc but if you go the casual route work isnt always there but might be useful to get back your confidence in driving,