Stobart Appleton

Thinking about applying for Stobart at Appleton. I like general haulage and am not bothered about long hours. Ive heard planners can nag but not too fussed about that either.

Does anyone know the current day rate? I know its not amazing but with the food allowance and other bonuses im sure its not meant to work out that bad. It was £7 odd back in 2010. Does anyone know if it has gone up?

Cheers

Mon - fri 0600 to 1800 £7.95
Mon - fri 1800 to 0600 £8.90
Sat £10.20
Sun £11.25
Meal allowance £15 a day
Driver standard bonus £5 day
Night out £22.50

If you don’t moan at your planner all the time like some drivers then they’ll just leave you alone, I don’t talk to mine until I get back the yard at the end of the week most weeks.

I saw that they were paying £9.50 Monday-Friday at sherburn, are the rates different for different depots?

budgie69:
I saw that they were paying £9.50 Monday-Friday at sherburn, are the rates different for different depots?

It is once you’ve taken into account the meal allowance and bonus. It’s a 55 hour contract.

Alright I might think twice about applying for it then cheers

budgie69:
Alright I might think twice about applying for it then cheers

:lol:

Is rugby truckstopThe same? What do you mean by 55h contract? when i go over dont they pay you no more?

Yeh I was wondering what the 55hr contract is

budgie69. Are you in Warrington mate?

I’m not mate, I’m looking at the sherburn depot

I can’t even understand how stobart justifies paying it’s drivers such low wages? Maybe I’m missing something? Are there other perks to working for them? (Apart from the very stylish green uniform :laughing: )

Eight quid a ■■■■■■■ hour,you can get £7.80 a hour driving for Tesco doing home delivery work ffs

I went to the Widnes depot the other month. What I earn now on 42.5 hours was more or less the same as what they was offering with 55 hours.

Something like £8.43 p/h

I think for starting off they would be grand, but because I’m earning a decent crust where i am and home every night , I wasn’t willing to leave just to get the opportunity to drive a new Scania

Was that working direct for stobarts or via an agency

budgie69:

Why is it you want to work for Stobarts anyway? Do the wages not put you straight off the idea? I work class 1s for a supermarket and the day rates are nearly £13/hr!

Under £8/hr for class 1 work is an actual joke, I wonder how they even have their wagons on the road with those rates.

Trucker8oy:
Is rugby truckstopThe same? What do you mean by 55h contract? when i go over dont they pay you no more?

Means you are contracted to 55 hours of work every week, I suspect you’ll get paid 55hrs whether you work that many or not, with overtime if you do more.

Jimmyy:
Under £8/hr for class 1 work is an actual joke, I wonder how they even have their wagons on the road with those rates.

Because like at Tesco Goole, the majority of the drivers are agency on up to £5/hr more. Stobarts agency bills must be eye watering.

PHIL89:
Mon - fri 0600 to 1800 £7.95
Mon - fri 1800 to 0600 £8.90
Sat £10.20
Sun £11.25
Meal allowance £15 a day
Driver standard bonus £5 day
Night out £22.50

If you don’t moan at your planner all the time like some drivers then they’ll just leave you alone, I don’t talk to mine until I get back the yard at the end of the week most weeks.

I thought the fuel bonus of £5 per day had gone ,replaced with a extra 45 p on your hourly rate ,or was our rep telling us fibs :question:

Jimmyy:

budgie69:

Why is it you want to work for Stobarts anyway? Do the wages not put you straight off the idea? I work class 1s for a supermarket and the day rates are nearly £13/hr!

But we don’t all live near a supermarket dc ,and even if we did I personally wouldn’t want to do that type of work ,it’s just not me ,I hate it .£13 p.h or not .
Today I got offered my latest 2 options ,mon-fr ,days ,supermarket work or mon- fri ,nights,tramping ,flats ,I chose nights,tramping ,flats ,none of those 3 things appeal to me really ,but at least I won’t be spending hours staring at supermarket gates and going loopier by the second .

It was mentioned on here somewhere that a tramper takes away 600+. all the big players pay similar wages its just like i say its all about Ts+Cs