Driving on a Bank Holiday

Its been a long while since I have worked on a Bank Holiday.
when I did I got paid double Time and a day off, some drivers said that I should have asked for tripple time and a day. of course with the new working practices some firms dont pay anymore for a bank holiday like the ones who do 4 on 4 off shifts. Does the 4 on 4 off shift appeal to you? Sat, Sun & Bank Holidays all for the same pay?

What do you expect to earn on a Bank Holiday & weekend work?

Sat - Time and a quater
Sun - Time and a half
Bank holidays - Doulbe time and a day in lieu (so triple time effectively)

I dont mind doing weekends or bank holidays aslong as i get time of in the week.

bank holidays are factored into my salary which is a bit of a bummer! but i get a paid day off in lieu so effectively it puts me on £20 an hour, so i suppose i`ll have to manage :laughing: :laughing: . i must admit i really felt like going to work last night at 2300 though!! :cry: :cry:

saturday = time and a half
sunday = double time
bank holidays = treble time + day in lieu ( but we don’t work b/holidays ) this is what we’d get if asked to work them :wink:

I get nowt extra for bank holidays.
First 48 hours of week worked - standard rate
All hours after that - time and a half

This goes for weekends or holidays :frowning:

Lostpup:
I get nowt extra for bank holidays.
First 48 hours of week worked - standard rate
All hours after that - time and a half

This goes for weekends or holidays :frowning:

and people want the 48hr week to come in

well this will mean that guy’s like lostpup will get nothing extra, except his night out money,which has to pay for parking etc. :wink:

kitkat:
well this will mean that guy’s like lostpup will get nothing extra, except his night out money,which has to pay for parking etc. :wink:

Unless market forces come in and all the drivers leave to a better job!!..then the company will have 2 choices either pay the going rate or go ■■■■ up :smiley:

Saturday = time and a half
Sunday & Bank Holidays = double time (no day-off in lieu)
Christmas Day = Quadruple time
Boxing Day = Triple time

Ran out least Christmas Day to Holland to collect 26 pallets of mushrooms, ran back Boxing Day - earned nearly £800 for two days work ! I wish it was Christmas every day !!!

Thecritic:
Unless market forces come in and all the drivers leave to a better job!!..then the company will have 2 choices either pay the going rate or go ■■■■ up

Probably go ■■■■ up… The government let the steel and mining industries go down the pan, why are we any different ? Have you noticed the increase of foreign trucks in this country ? They fill their 900 - 1200 litre tanks in Belgium for half what we’re paying and have the range to go to Scotland and back.

There seems to be more support for the transport industry on this site than what the RHA, FTA and URTU can muster amongst themselves. Why don’t we do something about it ? I’m becoming brassed off with being short-changed all the time !

Thecritic:

kitkat:

Unless market forces come in and all the drivers leave to a better job!!..then the company will have 2 choices either pay the going rate or go ■■■■ up :smiley:

since when has night out money got to pay for parking your bosses truck■■?

oddsodz:

Thecritic:

kitkat:

Have a read…

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3306

oddsodz:

Thecritic:

kitkat:

Odds I agree that night out money should NOT pay for parking your bosses truck! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

But when your boss like Preston’s refuse to pay for you their employee and they own Trucks saftey, sooner their go ■■■■ up the better!!! IMHO!

All I’d get for working a bank holiday is a day off in lieu. That’s it.

I’m on a weekly salary, the pay for which is based on 38 hours worked. I’ve never done a 38 hour week yet! Always 40+.

There’s no such thing as overtime payments for us lot. :cry:

Yeti

Work Bank Hols NEVER[/i] not me,but then again I only do 3days a week(part-timer :wink: )
Andy

.saturday-time/half to 12-00 then doubletime.sunday-doubletime.bankholidays voluntary,pays doubletime day in lieu.

brummie:
I wish it was Christmas every day !!!

With that statement in mind and the part of the country you come from you didn’t use to be in Wizard did you? :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

I like all you guys who don`t work on a Bank holiday and Sundays it give the chance to earn some decent dosh on the agency :slight_smile::), then go back to my normal job the rest of the week.

jammymutt:
I like all you guys who don`t work on a Bank holiday and Sundays it give the chance to earn some decent dosh on the agency :slight_smile::), then go back to my normal job the rest of the week.

So as I read this, Jammy … you drive for an agency on Sundays and Bank Holidays … then do another job during the week?? Is this legal?? Doesn’t the ‘other work’ count towards your working week??

TheBear:

jammymutt:

So as I read this, Jammy … you drive for an agency on Sundays and Bank Holidays … then do another job during the week?? Is this legal?? Doesn’t the ‘other work’ count towards your working week??

Of course they do!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

He has Saturdays off!! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TheBear:

jammymutt:

I finish as early as 3pm on a Friday depending on how the week goes ,sometimes as late as 5pm and dont usually work for the agency on a Saturday as thats BEER day so theres my “rest period”, but i occasionaly work for them on a Sunday and even bank holidays so yes i do get plenty of rest, you only have to ask certain other members of this site to realise that you can have your rest period any time on the week NOT just at the end of the week.

However i have once worked ALL weekend and made a bloody good amount of money 420 quid for 3 days work ( bank holiday)was the carrot put in front of the donkey, and the donkey said yes.

Havent we all broke the law on occasions?, or are we all sweet little angels?.

Erm, it was a genuine question!!

Wondered how you stood law wise on it