Driving lorry after over a year (tacho question)

I just found today that tomorow my boss hires me to one of friendly companies who need a class 2 driver for a day. Good, I agreed, as I haven’t been driving a truck for a while so it’s a nice change.

Now, because of that, I have no records. Even on my digicard, as I changed adress so I have a virgin one.

I obtained a letter from my boss saying that I drive non-tacho vehicles, that my last weekly rest was last weekend and ended this monday at noon, and that since then I did four shifts and my daily rest started today at 18:30. Do you think that it will be sufficient in case of control?

orys:
I just found today that tomorow my boss hires me to one of friendly companies who need a class 2 driver for a day. Good, I agreed, as I haven’t been driving a truck for a while so it’s a nice change.

Now, because of that, I have no records. Even on my digicard, as I changed adress so I have a virgin one.

I obtained a letter from my boss saying that I drive non-tacho vehicles, that my last weekly rest was last weekend and ended this monday at noon, and that since then I did four shifts and my daily rest started today at 18:30. Do you think that it will be sufficient in case of control?

Yes, you only need to keep a record of the current day and the previous 28 calender days, not the last 28 days that you drove an inscope vehicle

You by rights need manual entries of your work for Monday to today, ie on the back of analogue charts or digi print roll, or indeed retrokeyed to the digi card. As you are driving under EU rules (or assuming you are) on omne day of this week, your other duties are classed as other work.

Theres no requirement to make records for weeks where no EU driving was carried out. The letter from your boss will also back up your manual records.

Hope this helps!

i think the Kermits have a form to cover this sort of thing

hitch:

Kermits? :open_mouth: I don’t know this one.

As for my company - we don’t run any tachographed vehicles at all, so they have not a clue. It was me who wrote the letter and asked them to sign it.

orys:

hitch:

Kermit the Frog
Frogs = French
Kermit = French

I trust this clarifies matters. :wink:

Coffeeholic:

orys:

hitch:

Kermit the Frog
Frogs = French
Kermit = French

I trust this clarifies matters. :wink:

That was very complicated :smiley: