Driving Licence Application

Mate of mine seems determined to take the LGV test. (no matter what I tell him about the job prospects).

I’ve searched through posts, these three come closest, but can’t find exactly what I need.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewto … pplication

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=35415

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewto … pplication

The last one’s OP statement is similar to his in that he has had his licence some 20+ years but does not have LGV/ PCV entitlement. There is one problem in that he has not informed DVLA of a change of address some 5 years ago. :open_mouth:

The question is in which order would it best for him to proceed with his application:-

Apply for change of address to his present licence first and then apply for LGV entitlement or do the whole lot at once?

(What problems is he likely to encounter with DVLA after not informing them of change of address?)

Thanks

Stan

THIS any help :question:

change of address - no prob with DVLA but would be with law if he got stopped - they allow only ‘a reasonable time’ - 5 years is a bit beyond that :exclamation:

ROG:

change of address - no prob with DVLA but would be with law if he got stopped - they allow only ‘a reasonable time’ - 5 years is a bit beyond that :exclamation:

What would be a “reasonable time”?
Since the ex told to ZB off 3 monthes ago, Ive still got the Doncaster address on my licence :laughing:

DAF95XF:

ROG:

What would be a “reasonable time”?
Since the ex told to ZB off 3 monthes ago, Ive still got the Doncaster address on my licence :laughing:

I think that would be up to mr policeman :exclamation:

Thanks for the link Rog. Coupled with the info on the dvla site that should get him started.

Stan

Stanley Knife:
Thanks for the link Rog. Coupled with the info on the dvla site that should get him started.

Stan

Good luck to your mate Stan, hope all goes well.

Tiger.

PS He can have mine Stan, save all that paperwork and expense :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Fastrantiger:
PS He can have mine Stan, save all that paperwork and expense :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not sure about your exchange rates Tiger, a motorbike ashtray or a chocolate fireguard seems a bit steep for a HGV licence. :laughing: