Driving in Ireland

I`ve got a new job which involves a bit of Irish work,both north and south,anyone offer any advice on where to get a decent map of Ireland,places to avoid,places good to stop,done loads of Europe dut never been to Ireland :open_mouth:

My experience of Ireland is pretty limited.

In that limited experience I have found that the majority of pubs, with sufficient parking, expect wagons to park there, they do pretty good food at widely varying prices. There is also a chain of 4(or 5) truckstops in Eire called Mother Hubbards (I think). Shower facilities are few and far between and never where you want them. For short rest periods, the majority of people park at a roadhouse or the larger petrol stations, both of which do decent food at reasonable prices. The larger petrol stations usualy have a deli, where you can get hot (eg bacon, sausage, egg, all 3, etc) filled sandwiches or rolls, they also do a wide range of cold fillings (and they ain’t stingy when it comes to filling the butties either :open_mouth: :smiley: ).

The map I bought is (I think) the Collins atlas. I don’t have it to hand cause its in my wagon, so I’ll check and post the details for you tom’, if I get the chance. It is at about 1.5 or 2 miles to the inch, which is a good enough scale to get you pretty near where you want to get to.

does anyone else get the feeling this topic could generate some stereotype answers.

Nah, you think so??

BLAST, I knew there was something I had forgotten. :unamused: :frowning: :frowning:

boom boom :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: