Drivers needed for film research

I am an independent short film maker and I am currently researching a new film. One of the principle characters is a truck driver who becomes interested in singing. The film is supported by Film London. At this stage we would be really keen to talk with drivers about their experiences of being on the road as we want to portray the character as realistically as possible.

The company name is A-B Films and we are based in London but would be able to travel to where was most convinient for you. The questions wouldn’t take that long and are very straight forward, but it would help us out a great deal if anyone was interrested.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me via trucknet with any questions about the film.

As mentioned this film is at the pre production research stage and any views, information, or thoughts you could share would only be used to help us develop a good script. (Eventually we may well cast a real driver for the role in the film but this will not be untill later in the project.)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
Charlotte Ginsborg

[/b]
Ok’d by Rikki

A-B Films:
I am an independent short film maker and I am currently researching a new film. One of the principle characters is a truck driver who becomes interested in singing. The film is supported by Film London. At this stage we would be really keen to talk with drivers about their experiences of being on the road as we want to portray the character as realistically as possible.

The company name is A-B Films and we are based in London but would be able to travel to where was most convinient for you. The questions wouldn’t take that long and are very straight forward, but it would help us out a great deal if anyone was interrested.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me via trucknet with any questions about the film.

As mentioned this film is at the pre production research stage and any views, information, or thoughts you could share would only be used to help us develop a good script. (Eventually we may well cast a real driver for the role in the film but this will not be untill later in the project.)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
Charlotte Ginsborg

[/b]

Hi Charlotte, this is really good news. I’ve been looking for an opportunity like this for a long time. I love singing, i also have an idea for a script. Basically it starts off with me picking up two girls who are hitch hiking, then we go all around Europe for a month, and we get real friendly. Oh, and thats where the singing comes in, my best song is the “hokey cokey” , which i do with the girls most nights. Thats just a brief sketch of it, PM me if you are interested in more details.

my best song is the “hokey cokey”

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Where the girls are involved I am a qualified stunt man!! :laughing:

harry:
Where the girls are involved I am a qualified stunt man!! :laughing:

LOL!!How did you get my picture…? :laughing: :laughing:

which one is harry :smiley:

pmsl :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The one with the rug…

I cant sing but would be interested in being in the film, as long as you dont mind a very good looking driver im up for it…

no1 drivers are sarcastic
no2 we have several chips on the shoulder
no3 we do the job because we want to not because we cant do ought else (a few on here have degrees)
no4 the job brings lonliness long distances from home
no 5 the job bring companionship bon au vie chewing the cud with fellow drivers on a night out
no6 the job gives you idependance
no7 the job gets you in the divorce

over to some one else

:open_mouth:

Doubt you’ll find any sarcastic people on here mate :slight_smile:

The one with the rug

Like he said - ‘which ones harry?’

hitch:

totally agree with you for once!!

hitch:
no2 we have several chips on the shoulder

Only with the English.

hitch:
no3 we do the job because we want to not because we cant do ought else (a few on here have degrees)

I do it because i enjoy it, I have had plenty other jobs but ive got Diesel in my blood, and its easy

hitch:
no4 the job brings lonliness long distances from home

Tramping is becoming a thing of the past, so i would disagree.

hitch:
no 5 the job bring companionship bon au vie chewing the cud with fellow drivers on a night out

You mean some of the miserable ■■■■■■■■ actually speak to each other in laybys?.

hitch:
no6 the job gives you idependance

Like any other job you still have to do what the boss says and go where he says, but you do have a little more independance in taking your breask when yopu want SOMETIMES but more often than not after 4 hours.

n

hitch:
o7 the job gets you in the divorce

It hasnt for me nor would it my wife and family are far more important than the job, If i was heading for divorce because of the job i would do something else NOt stay in the job if its causing the problem.

As mentioned this film is at the pre production research stage

Let me know when it is at thRE-production stage

Typical…all u lot ranting on about how your…‘Professional’…and this is how u treat a guest looking for help :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

‘BUMs’

you might want to watch Real Story next week, should give you some info

Manager:
you might want to watch Real Story next week, should give you some info

Thats if the BBC don’t ball’s it up again! Here’s hoping.
Ps. Its on BBC1 @ 19:30 on the 25th Oct 2006.

hitch RE;That list of all things that trucking gives you? I think you forgot to mention hemorrhoids.But I guess thats what puts the feeling into those mournful Country & Western songs! :laughing:

typical…all u lot ranting on about how your…‘Professional’…and this is how u treat a guest looking for help

Well. I think the replies show quite clearly what a good natured, humorous and easy to get along with bunch we are (bar the odd rotten apple of course) :slight_smile:

BUMs:
Typical…all u lot ranting on about how your…‘Professional’…and this is how u treat a guest looking for help :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

‘BUMs’

Hi BUMs, i couldn’t agree more with you. You know what some of them are like here!!