Looking for truck drivers for documentary film

International award-winning production company Oil Factory (see www.oilfactory.com) are currently producing a series of short documentaries about people’s working lives.

We are looking for people who are hardworking, enjoy their work and are dedicated to their jobs to take part.

We are looking for people with all sorts of different jobs, but we would specifically like to find some truck drivers. It’s a great opportunity to dispell a few myths and preconceptions, as the driver and the job will be shown in an entirely positive light.

We would need to spend a day filming with you as you work - we are planning to shoot some time in mid-March.

If you are a great character who loves your job - or you know someone who is - we would love to hear from you.

For more details please call Ali on 07969 724668 or email workerdocumentaries@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Hi,

I just wanted to clarify a few points with regard to the above documentary.

We are not at all interested in looking for ‘cowboys’ or exposing any negative aspects of truck drivers’ work.

We are looking for people with a passion for driving, who can perhaps explain why it is that it is the job for them even though they can get a lot of grief for it.

The main point we want to bring out in the film is the work ethic, the dedication to the job.

I should also mention that there will be fair payment made to everyone we film for this project.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me.

Thanks!

Ali

Having spoken to the company making this film…
I am convinced this is a chance to show our jobs in a positive light…

Unlike some other media “opportunities” we have had in the past… this one seems to want to dwell on the passion, and feel we have for our jobs

For once I reccomend any one interested to “Go for It” :slight_smile:

How much?

i would have to have a word with the beloved leader about this but if it is going to show us in a good light at last i am certainly up for it.

Well I nominate Rikki :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I think he should go for it…What da ya think guys■■?

Bully

I expect that there would be a few hundred quid for the person we film. Probaby at least £800, which would effectively cover the production company to use your image in the films and in promoting the films.

800 quid sounds fine to me.
Count me in.
As long as there’s no ■■■■ scenes, mind you.

me and the missus would be up for being in a film about trucking we both love the job and could do with the money!

bugcos:
me and the missus would be up for being in a film about trucking we both love the job and could do with the money!

check the date of the first post bugcos :wink: they’ve probably gone off the idea by now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Denis F:

bugcos:

check the date of the first post bugcos :wink: they’ve probably gone off the idea by now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

we are planning to shoot some time in mid-March.

ROG:

Denis F:

bugcos:

March 2004 ROG.

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

Denis F:

bugcos:

March 2004 ROG.

It must be my age… :blush: :blush: :laughing:

did it ever happen then?

Nothing on their website about it.