Making a Documentary about Drivers & the Industry

Hi

Looking for drivers operating out of Grimsby or the NE Lincs area, or Brighton in East Sussex who are willing to take a student in the passenger seat and just have a conversation about the industry, the people, the politics. Will be making either a book or a film of life on the road for a university project. Would appreciate any help!

Cheers !

Edit: I am a male student, in final year at university, this is my final major research project. I’m looking to have conversations and take a few pictures. Happy to help with any work if needed to return the favour !

With the EU referendum coming up I want to share the views of a group of people who are so affected by laws in Europe. As well as the political side of things I want the outcome to show a light on the life of a driver, to spread understand and to possibly gain an interest in the subject. I feel like the occupation is one that isn’t exposed to the majority of society but is so important to the infrastructure of the country. I want this to be a platform to share views and comments on all walks of life.

To clarify, I’m not looking for a lift from Brighton to Grimsby, it’s just that I have places to stay and connections in both places. To be honest, anywhere will do as long as it is in the UK and planner ahead! Thanks

Male or female student ■■

Is it possible to meat up at short notice.■■

I though these type of posts usually say they have site admin permission :question:

ROG:
I though these type of posts usually say they have site admin permission :question:

Hi ROG, I am new to this forum, happy to seek permission, how could this be done? Thanks

PM Rikki

It sounds as if they are trying to hitch a ride from Grimsby to Brighton lol

HDB_Grimsby:
Edit: I am a male student, in final year at university, this is my final major research project. I’m looking to have conversations and take a few pictures. Happy to help with any work if needed to return the favour !

What is the basis of your research project?

Dipper_Dave:

Meat up?? Freudian slip? :laughing:

muckles:

HDB_Grimsby:

What is the basis of your research project?

With the EU referendum coming up I want to share the views of a group of people who are so affected by laws in Europe. As well as the political side of things I want the outcome to show a light on the life of a driver, to spread understand and to possibly gain an interest in the subject. I feel like the occupation is one that isn’t exposed to the majority of society but is so important to the infrastructure of the country. I want this to be a platform to share views and comments on all walks of life.

To clarify, I’m not looking for a lift from Brighton to Grimsby, it’s just that I have places to stay and connections in both places. To be honest, anywhere will do as long as it is in the UK and planner ahead! Thanks

the nodding donkey:

Dipper_Dave:

In Brighton …

peirre:

the nodding donkey:

Dipper_Dave:

In Brighton …

I feel my spelling faux pas has cost me an opportunity here.

The OP would be better contacting local hauliers than chancing it with an online meating.

There’s some dodgy folk about. Not me obviously.

Dipper_Dave:

peirre:

the nodding donkey:

Dipper_Dave:

In Brighton …

I feel my spelling faux pas has cost me an opportunity here.

The OP would be better contacting local hauliers than chancing it with an online meating.

Dodgy …NO.
Outright perverted sod with a brain in your nether regions like most of us …Definitely !

Dipper_Dave:

Well done for avoiding another faux pas by correcting doggy.

Dipper_Dave:
There’s some dodgy folk about.

Like this fellow for example …
youtu.be/imhBoE56OEs

I run from Immingham.

Radar19:
I run from Immingham.

Wouldn’t it be easier to drive?