Drivers mentor required

drivers mentor needed ,too work with new drivers and buddy them for first 2-3 days and to be on hand for any problems that they my come across . This was advertised in our office this week could be a easy job for someone as all you need to do is sit in passengers seat telling them the do 's and dont’s of the job and help them get used to there routes ,

Who has to get the coffee’s? If they do I would be up for that. :wink: :smiley:

Shame its the other side of the country. Wouldn’t mind doing something like that.

Like i say easy job but what i didn’t say is theres a lot of Poles starting on with us so thats who you would be buddying ther hasn’t been many people apply

Poles are perfectly capable of buying coffee so that isn’t a problem. :wink: :smiley:

The army does this, or did do anyway.
It was one of the duties I had for 5 years. Before I was allowed to take drivers out, I had to score 100% on all of the army theory tests and an extended driving assessment. That seemed quite reasonable to me. What is the point in sending someone out, to help others, if they arn’t completely knowledgeable in the job. That was quite some time ago now, so I’m not quite as up to speed as I was then.

After all that, I would take a driver, who was new to Germany, out on the roads for about 20 hours driving. I had to explain all the little wrinkles in the differences between UK traffic law and German traffic law. I also had to assess their driving and attempt to correct any bad habits they had (which I thought dangerous). In the 5 years that this was one of my duties, I only had 1 driver who I felt was a bad driver. I passed him on to my boss, for him to assess. My boss had his army licence withdrawn after a week of extra training, because his driving was so bad.

I’m not sure this is a good idea RS005D1136 :confused: .

All I can say is, if you do the job, take a big bag of sandwiches. :laughing:

Friday night we had one of our agency Poles (chap has been with us for a couple of weeks now) take a four-wheeler to Shoreditch and Ilford. He left at 1800.

I can do the job and be back in six hours (especially on a Friday :wink: )

At 0600 Saturday morning he hadn’t found either shop and was running low on diesel.

Don’t know if he made it in or not…

We have found that communication is a huge problem.

The first thing you have to do is do the daily checks and make sure the fog lights are on as this makes you more professional , then teach them to do the other checks etc etc…

they are a bit iffy but i have to admit there was one at our place and he was as good as gold i took him out one day and got chatting to him he was only 24 and claimes he had done all over euro and his driving was spot on the following day a older driver droped his trailer on its knees seeing that the old boy was struggling the pole took over the winding , he settled in ok he has since returned to poland

Does Stringfellow employ poles for pole dancing…or does it mean you have to dance with a polish person when you see pole dancing advertised…or could it mean a scaffolding firm ■■

RS005D1136:
drivers mentor needed ,too work with new drivers and buddy them for first 2-3 days and to be on hand for any problems that they my come across . This was advertised in our office this week could be a easy job for someone as all you need to do is sit in passengers seat telling them the do 's and dont’s of the job and help them get used to there routes ,

:unamused: OK the Fact’s :question:
How many hour/Day/Week?
Mo to Fr or Mo to Sun?
Pay?
Coffee?
Restaurant?
Extras?
Companycar?

fred Kanka:
How many hour/Day/Week?
Mo to Fr or Mo to Sun?
Pay?
Coffee?
Restaurant?
Extras?
Companycar?

Im guessing it will be an internal only vacancy Fred :wink:

fred Kanka:
Companycar?

That’s optimistic :slight_smile:

Bones:

fred Kanka:
How many hour/Day/Week?
Mo to Fr or Mo to Sun?
Pay?
Coffee?
Restaurant?
Extras?
Companycar?

Im guessing it will be an internal only vacancy Fred :wink:

:arrow_right: I guess :laughing:
now have Pups 24hour open :exclamation:
seating over Night in Pub and sleeping over Day on a nice Table with some Polish drivers as Bodyguard around me :exclamation:
HOW MUCH IS THE PAY :question:

There are no other benefits for this job and yes Fred it is internal ,its just going to be a easy job fopr someone,i thought of applying but like my own space in my truck dont fancy two bags two lunch boxes and coats exc in cab they did say you need clean reord no infringments, no to blame accidents ther wern’t many that came under that requirment :slight_smile: