Bit assistance required

Got a little situation coming about at the moment, i have been offered constant work on the gritters through untill march and the company are going to also train me on a front loader i think its a telehandler with a bucket, Also today i have signed up with a new agency who have sent me work through to start on monday. My problem is having not worked agency before i am unsure if work goes quite Jan-Feb?? as if it does then the gritters may be a better option in my mind as i would be looking at getting back to the agency mid march next year. Whats the thought folks

For me and others on here, Jan-Mar are quiet. Others say they get work all year round.

Think it depends on the area, your experience, and where you are in the pickings list.

Personally I’d take the guaranteed work over any ‘promises’ the agency makes.

that’s good news mate, whos it for?

I would take the gritter work (as that’s what i did this time last year) and then see where it takes you rather than taking a chance with agency

logic:
that’s good news mate, whos it for?

I would take the gritter work (as that’s what i did this time last year) and then see where it takes you rather than taking a chance with agency

Check out your inbox Mark :wink:

Got offered October to march with Bear Scotland on the winter roads, Like buses waited for ages and everything came on the same day, hadn’t heard from Bear so i went signed up with Manpower whom said there is loads of royal mail work coming up from Nov to Jan then after i got back home hey presto phone went em "are you still interested in the post with bear Scotland as you are 1 of the four winter patrol drivers chosen at the interviews.

I am looking forward to getting started with bear as the supervisor whom done the interviews was saying that we get any training required and as long as we see the 6 months through when the contract ends we get the qualification card to use anywhere :smiley: , Great experience + Telehandler Ticket + Gritter ticket + 4 on 4 off + chance of a full time job = One very happy camper!!

Good for you dodester, It sounds like a good opportunity that’ll give you further training, & carry you through that ‘quiet spell’ that comes after the festive seaon. hope all go well with the new job :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I hope that you’ll be paid to sit around & twiddle your thumbs all Winter, cos’ this one coming is going to be the mildest one ever on record :slight_smile:

It’s the choice I would’ve gone for, even if you don’t like it, you know it’s going to end in Spring.

Chas:
I hope that you’ll be paid to sit around & twiddle your thumbs all Winter, cos’ this one coming is going to be the mildest one ever on record :slight_smile:

It’s the choice I would’ve gone for, even if you don’t like it, you know it’s going to end in Spring.

They said that if we aint out on the winter patrols they will train us on tar tippers ect so we can work alongside the road workers so all good :smiley: