Newbie coming

Because one of the guys is retiring the Boss has, obviously, been interviewing for a replacement.

He’d narrowed it down to two: Driver A has 20+ years experience. He’s been there, seen it, done it et al. Driver B is a young lad. Two years of driving for agencies and looking for his first ‘proper’ job.

Boss couldn’t decide [“There’s something about B, though – pricking of my thumbs”] so decided to invite them both in for a driving test: the Boss will get each of them to take him to somewhere about 10 miles away, pick up the trailer that’s there, and come back. (Boss sitting in passenger seat all the time.)

First driver puts card in, gets out of cab, does full walk around, cleans the lights, cleans the mirrors, adjusts everything as required than sets off. On return the Boss reckoned that he could have had his coffee in a normal mug, and the journey was so smooth and uneventful that he wouldn’t have spilled a drop!
Second driver was, by all accounts, the total opposite: Didn’t do a walk around, just slammed off up the road – screeching to a halt at every hold-up/junction. Boss reckoned that if his coffee hadn’t been in a travel mug, someone would have been trying to scrub coffee stains off the roof linings!

Bet you can all guess who the Boss is offering the job to…

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

I reckon the young lad will do well: he is a sponge for information, he listens, is willing to learn from the old fogies (yeah, like me) and has the right attitude. Yep, I think he’ll do well.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Is the first driver the young lad, I’m a little confused…

No Dipper, not like that!

Sent via TapaCrap

That’s a wonderful story.

A.

Very odd, no mention of this on sky news.

Hope the insurance premiums are paid up then!

Cool story bro.

Needs more dragons.

I get what you are on about mate, you’re saying that your boss would rather employ a young guy with neither experience or competence, who came across as unsuitable, over an experienced capable good driver, who displayed those qualities in his test drive.

My mate has just put his notice in after 15 yrs, (to a VERY well known co. :wink: ) for other reasons, but he has also said that they have adapted a similar policy over the years.
Apparently dregs are easier to control and brainwash to co. standard. :bulb:

We all get moulded by our early employers. That’s why some of us are cowboys for life and the others are bean counters.

On

robroy:
I get what you are on about mate, you’re saying that your boss would rather employ a young guy with neither experience or competence, who came across as unsuitable, over an experienced capable good driver, who displayed those qualities in his test drive.

My mate has just put his notice in after 15 yrs, (to a VERY well known co. :wink: ) for other reasons, but he has also said that they have adapted a similar policy over the years.

Er, actually, no… you’re 100% wrong!

What I actually said was that one driver did everything perfectly… the other was, frankly, a bl##dy cowboy; the cowboy was the experienced guy!
No-where in the post did I say which driver was the first to take their driving assessment!

:smiley:

Win-Stone:

robroy:

What I actually said was that one driver did everything perfectly… the other was, frankly, a bl##dy cowboy; the cowboy was the experienced guy!
No-where in the post did I say which driver was the first to take their driving assessment!

Most people would assume that driver “A” was first and driver “B” second, but then again we should not “assume” anything.

sti:

Win-Stone:

robroy:

Most people would assume that driver “A” was first and driver “B” second, but then again we should not “assume” anything.

Exactly, :neutral_face:

Did well there Win-stone. You set them and they fell for it. The clue was in the topic heading. Good luck to the youngster.

Beau Nydel:
Did well there Win-stone. You set them and they fell for it. The clue was in the topic heading. Good luck to the youngster.

We fell for ■■■■ all mate, he implied the newbie they took on was useless, so everyb…oh! who gives a ■■■■ anyway, lifes too short. :unamused:
Yeh well done Winstone and whoever got the job : :neutral_face: