Drivers hours when shunting

Hi there if your just shunting trailers round the yard do you still stick to drivers hours or is it different…any info would be great … :question:

col_lyttle:
Hi there if your just shunting trailers round the yard do you still stick to drivers hours or is it different…any info would be great … :question:

There are members who are better than me on the regulations but I’ll have a go…

If no driving is done on the public highway during your shift then it does not come under any drivers regulations
If you are under driver regs at any other time during the WEEK (sunday midnight to sunday midnight) then you need to record that shift as OTHER WORK on a seperate analogue card, digi printout or download that record onto your digicard
The info required for that OTHER WORK is your name, date, start & finish time

i’m a full time shunter,and drive a very short distance on a public road,but i drive a tug not a unit,
Also sometimes have to drive the trucks for a short distance on the road aswell,200yds at most,but do not put a tach in or fill any tachos out,I just do a time sheet for the week and thats it,I havn’t been out driving on the road properly since Christmas,So dont know where i stand regarding keeping records.
I thought if you dont put 11 charts in over the 17 week period your exempt from keeping daily records.
Tonyb

tonyb70:
i’m a full time shunter,and drive a very short distance on a public road,but i drive a tug not a unit,
Also sometimes have to drive the trucks for a short distance on the road aswell,200yds at most,but do not put a tach in or fill any tachos out,I just do a time sheet for the week and thats it,I havn’t been out driving on the road properly since Christmas,So dont know where i stand regarding keeping records.
I thought if you dont put 11 charts in over the 17 week period your exempt from keeping daily records.
Tonyb

I think you’re confusing the WTD with the Drivers Hours and Tachograph regulations, If you work as a mobile worker for 10 days or less in a reference period of 26 weeks or less then you’re classed as a occasional mobile worker are exempt from the WTD for mobile workers.

If you drive a truck that comes in-scope of EU regulations then legally you should be using a tachograph regardless of the short distance.

200 yards … guess you have to way up the chances of getting pulled.