Drivers hours, regulations, etc

Hello All,

Does anyone know where I could find a publication that covers all I’d need to know with regard to EU drivers hours, regulations and everything to do with the tacho. I’m sure such books exist but without knowing the name of it, I’m having a hard time finding anything on the net.

There’s a link in the new and wannabe drivers forum under "these might help on your first day’ (at the top of the page) to the DfT site and VOSA’s interpretation of the rules. Fairly concise but comprehensive :smiley:

If you go onto http://www.vosa.gov.uk and type GV262 into the search box, you will get to the pdf download of the Minisrty book dealing with EC, Domestic and AETR drivers hours and record keeping. There are also some useful FAQ’s on the site

That FAQ is where the link I mentioned goes to - should cover everything.

Thanks for that Spitfire/Geebee,
Is the information on that website available in a book that you’re able to buy? My problem is that my printer died a while ago so I’m unable to print it out and would ideally like a book I can take with me and continually read as I will no doubt get confused many times by these regs.

I think eithe the RHA or FTA do a booklet with them all in and from what I remember, they’re pretty good in terms of coverage too. Most of the techie kind of questions are answered in them.

Never mind all that nonsense , just be in london for 5am and stranraer for dinner time

just save it to floppy :frowning: or a dongle or cd and print it at work

Robinhood;
If you ring your local VOSA enforcement office for North Lincs try; 01472 242332 (Grimsby) they should put a copy of GV262 in the post for you without charge.

What do need a book for we are the ones who know, :unamused: ask away, Paul and hitch LMAO :laughing: :laughing: