Driver Hours & Regulations

Can anyone point me in the right direction of everything that I will need to read about driving hours, how much work i can do in a total shift and various things along these lines.

Cheers

Sam Millar:
Can anyone point me in the right direction of everything that I will need to read about driving hours, how much work i can do in a total shift and various things along these lines.

Cheers

It is not about the work you can do in a shift but more about how much REST you need to take within certain timeframes
online.businesslink.gov.uk/Tran … s_0511.pdf
Hope that helps

Sam. I am going to give you some advice here. The link that was posted is a guide, you are bright enough and young enough to read THIS document and memorise it. This is the legislation in all of the member states of the EU and is written in every language.

Rog was a driving instructor, he was also a driver several years ago, he has never used a digital tachograph, in fact he hasn’t used any kind of tachograph since he finished driving.

Diesel Dave posted some good advice on the Defect Sheet Thread.

Listen to him for ADR, and listen to Coffeholic and Tachograph on these forums for Tachograph and Drivers Hours.

Rog carries Mao’s Little VOSA Book with him, but often adds words to it that are not there, or misses important words that MAY later cost you money.

I like Rog and expect an email from him over this :stuck_out_tongue: but the rules are not that difficult, but they can be easily misconstrued. Besides, Rog & I are Sassenach but Neil is from North of the Border and can read legalise very well.

If you want any advice on DVLA, Advanced Driving or Licencing. Roger is your man!

Haha, I appreciate both of your replies and I’ll take a look. Thanks

Wheel Nut:
I like Rog and expect an email from him over this :stuck_out_tongue:

You’ll be waiting a long time :laughing:

I only used the VOSA guide as it has been somewhat simplified and has examples

If a driver can understand the actual regs you posted then great :smiley:

This is easier for the OP to read.

transportsfriend.org/hours/rest.html